Mormon Future Financial Provider

Mormon Future Financial Provider - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th Jun, 2014 - 7:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Can you provide for a family in these uncertain times?
Post Date: 17th Oct, 2007 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Mormon Future Financial Provider

[b]Future Financial Provider

"We do live in turbulent times. Often the future is unknown; therefore, it behooves us to prepare for uncertainties. Statistics reveal that at some time, for a variety of reasons, you may find yourself in the role of financial provider. I urge you to pursue your education and learn marketable skills so that, should such a situation arise, you are prepared to provide."

(President Thomas S. Monson, "If Ye Are Prepared Ye Shall Not Fear," Ensign, November 2004, 116)

Sponsored Links:
1st Nov, 2007 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Provider Financial Future Mormon

This is the scary part of life that I'm not ready for. I mean not like I do not want to work and all that but taking care of a family is a big responsibility.

29th Jun, 2014 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Future Financial Provider Studies Doctrine Mormon

From the days of Adam, the Lord commanded him (The man) to provide for his family and has been the counsel of the Prophets that a man in good health should provide for the physical needs of the family (As well as spiritual). There is also a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants where state that women have the right to ask their husbands for this but I have some points for discussion:

1. In the "Proclamation for the Family" it states that BOTH, husband and wife are the providers for the temporal needs of the family. So which one is it? Is it the man, is it the woman or both?

2. What about if the husband works hard but is unable to provide properly for his family and expects his wife to work outside in order to make ends meet?

3. What about those husbands who want to stay home with the children and have the wife working outside? (No health issues related).

> TOPIC: Mormon Future Financial Provider

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,