Full English Breakfast Anyone?

Full English Breakfast Anyone - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Jun, 2015 - 8:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
17th Oct, 2007 - 9:25am / Post ID: #

I was just thinking about what was associated with the Uk, and one of the things has to be the full English breakfast, so here goes:

you would expect the full English breakfast to contain:

at least 2 slices of bacon
2 sausages
a fried egg or scrambled egg or sometimes both
fried mushrooms
fried bread
fried or tinned tomatoes
baked beans
black pudding (a large black sausage made from pig's blood suet and seasonings) but sometimes this depends on which area of the uk you are visiting as to whether you get it or not.

You then follow this with a couple of rounds of jam and toast

followed by a pot of tea!

There are some regional differences depending on where in the uk you visit, some places also put smoked kipper on as well,onto the main breakfast, then of course you end up eating it with either tomato ketchup/catsup or brown sauce which is a fruity but spicy kind of catsup.

It's recommended you don't eat this every day laugh.gif, and try to walk some of it off afterwards!
Most people don't have this every day, but the majority of the UK will eat this for Sunday breakfast.

Does anybody else eat this sort of breakfast?

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Sponsored Links:
17th Oct, 2007 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

Anyone Breakfast English Full

A typical "big Sunday" breakfast in the U.S. would include a lot of the same items, with a few differences:

2 slices of bacon
2 sausage
(or instead of those two, a big T-bone steak - steak and eggs is very popular here)

2 to 3 eggs, poached, fried, or scrambled
2 to 3 pancakes (as big as your plate)
2 slices of toast with butter or jelly, or what we call English muffins (which has nothing to do with England, I'm told.)

Hashbrown potatoes (fried shredded potatoes, or also a style called "home fries" with green bell peppers and onions)

Wrap it up with milk, juice, and coffee.

Some other options, depending on where you live, include:

Buttermilk biscuits with gravy made from sausage drippings
Hominy grits, which is made from a type of corn, ground coarsely and boiled
Corned beef hash

Wow, that's a lot of food...

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

17th Oct, 2007 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

Full English Breakfast Anyone? History & Civil Business Politics

A lot of people eat the hash browns here too, but I think that's been introduced to the Uk rather than it being something traditional.
I think the influence has come from McDonalds, and we've latched on to the American foods laugh.gif

the pancakes sound good too, but we haven't quite got there with that one yet!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

17th Oct, 2007 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Oh, I almost forgot! "French toast" - which is any type of bread dipped in beaten eggs and fried, served with a sprinkle of confectioner's sugar and syrup. Delightful.

And omelettes - those are great, too.

Isn't breakfast grand? Usually, all I get is a bowl of my "healthy" cereal and fruit...

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

17th Oct, 2007 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

There was this one lady in England that we used to have breakfast by and it was 3 courses! First we would start with a bowl of cereal from a selection of about 10 types. Then the main stuff similar to what DianeC posted, and lastly we would finish with a fruit desert! Yikes - what a way to start the day! Needless to say we skipped lunch.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

17th Oct, 2007 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

Wow DianeC, I can't imagine black pudding as part of breakfast! In Argentina, people usually eat it as part of our "asado" (Argentine BBQ) we usually eat it along with our smoked meats.

English Breakfast is very fattening for what I see! laugh.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Oct, 2007 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Full English Breakfast Anyone

Sounds pretty good DianC. But could you make the fried tomatoes red please not green.

Canadian breakfast would really just depend where you are.

A classic when I grew up on Sunday.

2or3 eggs any style.
Loads of toast and home made preserves.
Fried potatos(home fries) with onion and spices cooked in butter or bacon fat.
Farmer sausage and Canadian Bacon.

Monday to Sat

Maybe normal smoked bacon / sausage and eggs toast.
Hot porridge (various kinds from oat meal to cooked ground grains)
Cold cereal more so in summer time
Always some sort of fresh fruit.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2015 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Full English Breakfast Anyone Politics Business Civil & History

The best English breakfast I ever had was in a B&B somewhere in Buckinghamshire. I was touring around and staying in a different B&B each day. This one advertised locally-sourced sausages, bacon etc and the landlord was enormous. When we told him what time we wanted breakfast, he told us our times individually, separated by a couple of minutes each. It lived up to all that promise and then some.I feel a little disloyal saying this, because I have good friend who cooks an incredible English breakfast, but this experience just pipped her to the post. Mmmm

Reconcile Edited: Adelardus on 30th Jun, 2015 - 9:01pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Full English Breakfast Anyone?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,