Trinidad DirecTV - Page 2 of 3

Directv will have all the rights to the FIFA - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 21st Dec, 2014 - 12:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Top  Trinidad DirecTV Product Review
3rd Apr, 2009 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Trinidad DirecTV - Page 2

My only gripe with Directv is the billing system. I have been a customer for four months now and not once have I ever received a bill. The problem with Directv is, their only branch is located in Chaguanas. Directv allows customers to pay their bill via TTPOST. Once the bill is paid, the client calls Directv and submits the date, the branch of TTPOST, how much was paid, customer ID number, TXN no and Teller ID. Please allow me to share an interesting conversation with a CSR via telephone.

Geenie pays her TTPOST bill in Port of Spain and decides to notify Directv about her payment.

Phone rings and CSR answers.

Geenie: Good afternoon Miss, I am calling to inform you about my payment.

CSR: What is your name please?

Geenie gives her full name over the phone.

CSR: Miss your account is currently up to date and a payment for April is outstanding.

Geenie is puzzled since the day in question is Tuesday 31 March 2009. So Geenie decides to politely ignore the CSR's ignorance and just repeat the information.

Geenie: Yes Miss, I am calling to inform you that I just paid my Directv bill.

CSR grows impatient and replies:

Madam, I am trying to explain to you that your account is up to date and only April payment remains outstanding and April bills have not been generated as yet.

At this stage, Geenie is fed up and retorts:

Miss, I am calling to give you my information and by the way, I have never received a bill from you.

CSR sighs and says: Okay Miss, what is the branch, amount paid, TXN no, Customer ID and date payment was made?

Well heaven help us all! I suppose that she thought we were still in the beginning of March and did not realise that I was paying for April! rolleyes.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Mar, 2011 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

DirecTV Trinidad

Name: Jaimie

Comments: Direct tv has too much Spanish influences, most people cant watch an segment of anything without having to remember what they learned out of boring clase de Espanol 5, 10, 15 years and more. Despite all of this direct tv has managed to satisfy many of their clients through its service oriented techniques. I must admit at first I was irritated by the fact that they(direct tv) weren't what I expected, but through the months I have really gotten to like their services and I can safely say that I actually like the Spanish, it helps give a different perspective on things.... After all we are a supposedly bilingual nation with Spanish as our second language.

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2011 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad DirecTV Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Candi

Comments: Poor service from DirectTV, you could never call and get through. All you get is that RIDICULOUS messaging service which is of no Use to anyone. I tried leaving a message and wasted my hard earned money. Shame on you Direct TV.

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2011 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 DirecTV Trinidad

Name: AG

Title: Directv issues

Comments: My personal feelings about Directv in the West is mixed.

The colour is pretty good but I do have some major issues with the transmission during the wind and rain, and we are in the rainy season for approximately 6 months of the year.

Recently I find myself waiting constantly for the Satellite to find a connection, in any kind of weather.

I now find that movies on channels 314 & 518 can be seen quite clearly but I do not have any sound.

Finally, a separate antenna is given for local television but if you live in the Carenage area, you are unable to give a clear picture on any of the channels.

At set up the technicians ask you to select your favorite channel, they will adjust the antenna until the view is sort of acceptable (a bit blurry at best which can negatively impact the eyes ). The other channels you can used as a radio.

Source 1: Personal Opinion

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2012 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

DirecTV Trinidad

Name: Michael

Comments: [In my opinion it's a] rip off, seriously, no reception when you want too or can watch TV the most, when its raining! cable is better.

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2012 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad DirecTV

Name: Mike

Title: Direct TV Trinidad

Comments: I am a new subscriber with Direct TV. I have not gotten the installation as yet and I am already fedup with them. The service is more than horrible. When you do get through they simply tell you a technician will call, but they cannot say when. They are promising installations within 7 days. It is now past 7 days and the best the CSR can do is say someone would have to be home, but cannot say when. In essence they are saying take a few days off from work and sit at home waiting for this call from the technician. Can you believe Direct TV in Trinidad calls this service? This is why competition is important. It forces organizations with poor service like Direct TV to improve.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Dec, 2014 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

Trinidad DirecTV - Page 2

I didn't think I would have DirecTV until I had my own home, however this has changed out of some necessity thus I have placed my review. I have lighted the main parts in bold.

To keep the kids quiet and bring some peace in the home we decided to go with DirecTV because it offers the channels that the boys will like to watch without having to pay an enormous fee.

I had called in to ask questions about the service before buying. The customer service is pretty good and fast unlike FLOW that keeps you on hold or does not return your call - DirectTV staff do.

I bought the Pre-Paid self install kit at Courts.
I didn't care to pay someone to set it up more so when I knew we could not physically attach it to the building. Courts only is an agent for sale, you still have to call DirecTV support for any problems or questions.

The instructions in the box were good and I was able to set it up with no problems but when it came to getting a signal without going to the roof (We are in a rental) I could not get anywhere. Even a technician came out and could not do it. I ended up moving the dish to an usual location and got a signal after mounting it to the ground of all places. I didn't realize the dish had to be so precise. Just moving it a few millimeters meant the difference between 90+% and 60+% signal. Therefore, if you are going to get the self install kit be prepared for a lot of trial and error until you get the right spot.

I do not like the box that they give you with it. A coaxial cable goes from the dish to the box and then the output is in RCA jacks. They could have at least given the option to continue the output in coax or even HDMI.

I also do not like the fact that you cannot have other TVs in your home with DirecTV unless you ask them to install it for you - that is unfair.

The picture quality is reasonable. On larger screens you can see the pixelation (Image compression) as compared to smaller screen where this is not seen. The family seems happy with it.

21st Dec, 2014 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad DirecTV Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

Directv will have all the rights to the FIFA matches for the next 8 years so probably a lot more people will sign up for them just for that alone!

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Trinidad DirecTV

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,