Seeking The Spirit

Seeking Spirit - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2008 - 1:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 24th May, 2006 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Seeking The Spirit

"The standard is clear. If something we think, see, hear, or do distances us from the Holy Ghost, then we should stop thinking, seeing, hearing, or doing that thing. If that which is intended to entertain, for example, alienates us from the Holy Spirit, then certainly that type of entertainment is not for us. Because the Spirit cannot abide that which is vulgar, crude, or immodest, then clearly such things are not for us. Because we estrange the Spirit of the Lord when we engage in activities we know we should shun, then such things definitely are not for us."

( David A. Bednar, "That We May Always Have His Spirit to Be with Us," Ensign, May 2006, 30)

Sponsored Links:
24th May, 2006 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Spirit Seeking

I like this reminder, because it is something I truly struggle with. The Holy Ghost has been my friend and comforter many times in my life and, usually unknowingly until later, has guided me many times in what I say or do. However, I am often frustrated at not having Him more as my constant companion. I know that this is primarily because of the choices I make to live in the world when I shouldn't. Part of my struggle, I think, is that my husband not being LDS doesn't share my opinion about what is appropriate media. However, I think of this as an excuse and everyone has one. My job is to rise above my challenges and do what I know is right. As the quote says, the standard is clear.

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2007 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

Seeking The Spirit Studies Doctrine Mormon

"As faithful [members] of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we have been blessed with the Holy Ghost. As we invite the Savior into our lives, the Holy Ghost will bear witness to us of the love which the Father and His Son, our Savior, have for each of us. But feeling Their love is dependent not only on our desire but upon our actions as well. And the actions we need to take are known to us: genuine prayer that is specific and humble, followed by quiet listening for the Lord's answers; regular scripture study and time to ponder what we read; and, finally, a willingness to be introspective about ourselves and to trust in the Lord's promise that He will 'make weak things become strong unto [us]' (Ether 12:27)."

(Kathleen H. Hughes, "Remembering the Lord's Love," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 112)

2nd Mar, 2008 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Spirit Seeking

As Joseph's quote stated I think genuine prayer and regular scripture study can help all of us to have the Holy Ghost in our lives as our constant companion. The choices we make are also fundamental.

> TOPIC: Seeking The Spirit

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,