Book: The Sons Of God - Page 3 of 12

Onam was almost speechless, but he managed - Page 3 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 26th Jan, 2008 - 5:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (12) »
Fiction by Mousetrails
7th Dec, 2007 - 6:41am / Post ID: #

Book: The Sons Of God - Page 3

Then with his arm still twisted behind him he was pushed through a door into a passage way. After a few steps down the passage he was pushed through an opening into the dark. He looked back to see the dim light of the passage disappear and heard a faint screech, then there was a heavy bump against the door, and silence. After a moment footsteps faded back down the passage, leaving him standing in the dark. Because he had no idea where he was, Onam was afraid to move. He stood until he realized he couldn't stand forever, then bent over feeling the floor around him. He felt nothing but empty floor, so he sat down. He sat still for a long while. When his eyes adjusted to the dark he could see stars through a small opening high above him, but there was not enough light to see his surroundings, so he just sat in the dark afraid to move.
When the guard returned from the passage way the old grey haired one said, "I"ve had a long day. Let's go where it's more comfortable. He looked around the room to see that everything was in order, then turned and walked along the passage to a room full of soft furniture, pillows and low tables with animal skin rugs on the floor. There was fruit and bread on one of the tables. "Tigist" the old man called. A woman appeared. "Would you bring us some wine and cups." She disappeared and returned a few moments later with the wine. She poured the cups full, put the container on the table and disappeared again.

The older man spoke first. "I spoke in Geez and Berber but he didn't act like he understood. Where do you think he came from?" One of the fliers drank from his cup. "Maybe he speaks the language of the shepherds, or maybe he was too scared to talk." After a long thoughtful pause the second flier said, "He comes from a land where they still wear animal skins, but he flies?" The old one spoke again. "That's the only reason I brought him here. I had to know where he came from and how he learned to fly. Yes, yes, I know letting him see this place could be dangerous, so watch him closely. If he tries to escape, kill him."
It was very quiet. Only once did the sound of voices filter into Onam's cell. He finally grew uncomfortable in his sitting position and slowly felt the floor around him, then carefully stretched out to lie down. Many stars had passed the opening, and Onam was sitting again when they began to pale. He watched as sunlight slowly lit the room. As shapes began to emerge from the gloom, it began to look like a place where they kept things for use at a later time. Large clay jars had been placed along the wall. Next to the jars, long, thick, strips of wood had been stacked on the floor. In a corner lay a large pile of pile of animal skins. He heard voices outside, so he leaned a long piece of wood against the wall, and climbed up to look out the small opeing The sun was not yet above the hills, but he could see his pedal bird. They were taking his wind creator! Even if he could escape, he couldn't fly away. He climbed back down and sat on the animal skins. They were warm, and soft to his touch, so he lay back telling himself it was for only a moment.
He was startled awake by two guards. They twisted both of his arms behind him and walked him to a room with tables and benches where several people were eating. They sat him down and placed food on the table before him, then stepped back to watch their captive while he ate.

At first Onam was afraid to eat, but it smelled so good he finally looked at his food. Meat, bread, something green he didn't recognize, and a cup of liquid were on the table in front of him. Soon his empty stomach got the best of his fear, and he picked up the most recognizable item. The meat was as good as he had ever tasted, so he tried the bread, and then found the liquid to be wine, but didn't touch the green food. The others in the room stole glances at him while he ate, but he was too hungry to care. When he had finished eating, the old one entered the room with the two flyers, and sat across the table from him. When the wine had had time to work, the old one looked at him and spoke. When he didn't reply, the old one said, "The only other language I know, I learned where we used to spend summers."

When Onam looked back to see the if the guards were still behind him, the old one spoke again. "Do you speak the language of the far cold countries?"
Onam's head snapped around to look at the old man so quickly he sloshed his wine. "Yes. How did you know?" "We didn't know. Yours was the last language we tried because that land is so far away." Then it seemed all three were talking at once. Onam answered their excited questions the best he could. "You come from a land where people still dress in animal skins, yet you fly? How did you find us?"
Onam swallowed the last of his wine. "I was blown here in a cloud of sand."

Sponsored Links:
11th Dec, 2007 - 8:46am / Post ID: #

God Sons Book

While a guard poured more wine for him, the old one and the two flyers asked more questions.
"How did you get so far from home?"
"I had no home to return to. I just wandered away from the cold north."
"How long did it take you to get here in that little pedal bird?"
"Five or six new moons. I lost count."
The old one held up his hand to silence the other two and looked directly into Onams face. He spoke in a very serious tone.
"We"ve kept this place hidden from the world since the ancients came here. We frighten away the sheep herders so we can keep this place to ourselves. No one from the outside has ever seen what you have seen. The only reason you are here is because you can fly. I am Lijalem and these two you met in the air are Yetbarek and Habtamu. Now, tell us about yourself, and don't lie to us or you"ll never leave."

Onam started his story with being told to help drive women to the river for their bath. Little beads of nervous perspiration were beginning to form on Onam's forehead and run down his face. They followed his story with interest until he started to tell about his flight, then they would ask him to describe certain areas in more detail. While he was talking, he glanced back at the guards but they had not moved. Then they wanted him to describe the twin mountains he passed, and how far he thought he had been blown in the dust storm. They asked about the coastline where he found the big river. When he had described all he had seen so they knew he had actually been there, Lijalem held up his hand again to silence the others. He was beginning to like this nervous young flyer.
"Your story is very interesting." Then he raised his voice, "Tigist, more wine and cups."
Onam watched as a female entered the room with the wine. Her raiments were the same as the men's, covering her to her neck, wrist and ankles but it was a softer looking material. The extra wine helped Onam relax even more. He told them about seeing the light in the sky and wanting to know what it was.
Lijalem asked,
"Weren't you afraid?"
"No. I thought it was something caused by nature."
"But you were afraid when we visited you that night in the rotor bird."
"I was terrified by the lights, and the noise, and the two human forms with no eyes or mouth that examined me and my pedal bird."
"Habtamu tells me your bird is made of sticks and stretched animal bladders. Who showed you how to build this bird?
"My grandfather first glided down from the top of a hill. My father added the wind creator and the moveable surfaces."
The story seemed to satisfy Lijalem. " I have things to do, but I want to hear more later. Never leave this compound without my permission. Habtamu will show you where to sleep."
When Onam and Habtamu were gone, Lijalem turned to Yetbarek. "What do you think?"
"Where would he go? Who would believe him? Besides, if he gets out of control, we just get rid of him."
Lijalem thought for a moment in silence. "Did you take his wind creator?
"Yes."
"If he does slip away he won't be hard to find."
Habtamu took Onam down a passage to show him his room. It was simple with a mat, a chair and a shelf with a glowing light. Habtamu sat in the chair and motioned for Onam to sit on the mat.
"Onam, he won't trust you until you've been here for a time and he gets to know you. He'll probably have you work cleaning the firebirds, or the work areas, until he feels comfortable with you. You aren't allowed outside, so several new moons could pass before you fly again. If you try to escape, he"ll kill you"
All the wine and conversation had relaxed Onam.
"I"ve seen too many things haven't I?"
"That's the reason you"re not allowed to leave. You"ve seen things the outside world doesn't know about, and he intends to keep it that way. It won't do any good to ask any more questions until he trusts you. Do you understand?"
He answered a simple, "Yes." But his mind was full of questions.
******************************************************************** His first duty was to watch the sky scan bubble for anything flying over the area. He had watched intently for three new moons until he finally grew impatient.
"Lijalem, there's nothing moving on this bubble but the line."
Lijalem answered,
"But there could be, and it's called sky scan. How do you think we saw you?"
"Are there many firebirds in the area to watch for?" Onam asked.
"If you don't watch the sky scan you won't know."
"Can I ask you questions while I watch?"
"You can ask."
"Did you make the light in the night sky?"
Lijalem hesitated a moment, "Yes."
"Why do you do it?"

14th Dec, 2007 - 6:41am / Post ID: #

Book: The Sons Of God Revealed Bible The

Lijalem hesitated several moments, long enough for Onam to turn away to look for the reason for the delay. Lijalem reminded him again he was supposed to be watching, and after some time had passed, finally answered. "The Egyptians worship the heavens. The ruler in Egypt pays us well to light the sky at his command so his people will think he rules the heavens."
Onam was amazed, "But how do you do it, how do you light the sky so it can be seen by so many people?"
Lijalem ordered one of the other men to watch the sky scan and motioned for Onam to follow him. They went through a door and up a long flight of stairs to the top of the firebird storage. Lijalem opened the door to a small hut and explained the large "lightning generator" that made continuous lightning in front of a large polished curved dish.
"You built this?
"Yes."
"Did the birds that burn fire and everything here come from you?"
"Some of them. I've spent most of my life here making new things. Some are very useful, some aren't."
Onam asked, "Did you invent the firebirds Lijalem?"
"Onam you've been here little more than three cycles of the moon and already you know about the light in the night sky and you"ve seen the firebirds. That's enough for now. Go watch the sky scan." Lijalem turned and went back down the stairs looking for Yetbarek and Habtamu.
"I think it's time to test him."
"How?"
"Put his wind creator back on his pedal bird."
As Onam sat watching the sky scan, his mind wandered back to what he had just seen. He had never dreamed of such wonders. He wondered what else might be waiting his discovery, but his imagination wouldn't stretch any further.
As the days slowly passed, he kept himself busy sweeping the firebird storage, cleaning cooking pots, and beating the dust out of the animal skin rugs. Early one morning he was in the bird storage room and noticed a ray of sunshine lighting the dust from his sweeping. As he turned, his eyes followed the dusty light ray up to a hole in the big door. It was too high to see out of, so he borrowed a step the workers used to reach the high parts of the firebirds, pushed it across the floor and climbed up to look out the hole. His little bird was still out on the grass, and his wind creator was back in place! He had often thought of escape, but now it was possible.
"What are you doing up there?" Yetbarek's voice startled Onam.
"I, I just wanted to see the outside."
"Did you see your bird?"
"Yes."
"Onam get down, and don't leave here without permission, walking, or flying. Lijalem meant what he said. He"ll have you killed."
"Why am I a captive here? I want to fly my bird again!"
"Don't you understand? If you try to get away you will die! If you stay and gain Lijalem's trust, you might someday fly in something faster than your pedal bird. If I were you I would work hard and be patient."
"Fly a firebird! I don't believe you. Why would he let me do that?"
"You already fly. I can't tell you how, but you could be very helpful to us. Besides, your mind is too quick to let you just sweep floors the rest of your life."
The season of rain came. Onam's little bird was brought into storage with the firebirds. Each day while he was sweeping he stopped to run his hand along the smooth surfaces of his bird. Many nights he would sneak to the big door to check the lock and dream of plans to escape. He longed for the day he might fly again. He tried to imagine what it would be like to fly with a tail of fire and make thunder across the great blue sky, but he still longed to pedal his little bird and feel the wind in his face. He thought his captivity would never end. One short, dark, winter day, Onam felt terribly discouraged. He knew in his heart the day would never come when he would fly a firebird, so he made up his mind to escape-somehow. He had to be free!
Late one afternoon in the early summer, Lijalem, Yetbarek and Habtamu sat outside in the shade. The talk had wandered from one subject to another until the men were silent, lost in their own thoughts when Lijalem abruptly said, "I think it's time to see if he"ll run."
Yetbarek sat forward in interest, "He has worked hard and caused no trouble, and you have nothing to lose. If he does run, you can do away with him."
There was silence for a time, then Habtamu spoke, "He won't run."
Lijalem didn't want to lose Onam, but he had to know. "Leave the storage door unlocked, and Habtamu, .......I hope you"re right."

22nd Dec, 2007 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 God Sons Book

Two nights later when Onam couldn't sleep, he went for his usual walk through the storage room to run his hand along the wings of his bird and dream. Then from habit he checked the lock. It was open! His mind raced. Steal some food, fill a container with water, but as he hurried toward the passage way to his room, he ran his hand, as was his habit, along the wing of a firebird and stopped. He longed for the chance to fly a firebird, and if he ran away he would never have that chance. He stood for a long while looking back at the unlocked door. They would never let him fly a firebird. Turmoil rolled inside him like a thunder storm, but in the end, he turned and went back to his mat knowing sleep would not come. He lay awake watching the stars through his sky opening until they winked out one by one. He was still remembering the long happy days with his little pedal bird, when the sun found its way through the opening to light the wall over his mat. He put his dreams away and rose to eat the morning meal.
The days were long and hot before Lijalem approached Onam for anything except a simple work request. "I need you to take your small pedal bird to Egypt. Have you ever flown at night from a lighted bird path?"
"Bird path?"
"You called it a come-to-earth path."
"Oh!..... No."
"Then you"ll need some practice before you go. Habtamu and Yetbarek will instruct you in night landings and how to communicate with us through your head shield."
"Landings?
"You called it earth returns. You have a lot to learn."
Next day after the mid-day meal, Onam met Yetbarek in the sky scan room. Yetbarek pulled one of three different sized head shields off the shelf. "Try this one on. Pull out at the bottom edges with your thumbs as you slip it down over your head."
"It's pinching my ears."
"Try this one, it's bigger. That's it. Now it should fit close but not tight. How does it feel?"
"Close."
When Onam took the head shield off Yetbarek handed it to one of the men at the work table and said, "Mount the counselor in this one." and started outside.
Onam asked, "What is he going to do with my head shield?"
As they walked toward the birds Yetbarek explained another of Lijalem's inventions.
"You"ll be able to hear us for long distances, and by pushing a round disc on the side of the head shield, we can hear you. Onam, I have to see Lijalem about some things. I"ll meet you here just before sunset."
Onam was so excited at the thought of flying again that he couldn't sit still. But it was more than just flying that made him so happy. Sometime during the long afternoon he realized that being fitted with a head shield and taught new things about flying could only mean one thing. He had been accepted. He was now part of a very small number of men that rose above the earth on wings of their own making, and flew.
He walked toward the bird path, but stopped at the edge of the firebird storage shade and scratched a line in the earth where sunshine met shadow, then watched the shadow as it moved to cover the line. It seemed to take forever, so he walked out on the bird path, then back to check the shadow line. It had not moved half the width of his hand. When he was back in the cool of the shade he decided to go see, what was it Yetbarek called the man working on his head shield, a craftsman?
He was just finishing so Onam stood quietly and watched. When the man handed him the head shield and smiled he asked, "What is a craftsman?"
"It's a person that knows everything there is to know about something."
"Then Yetbarek and Habtamu are craftsmans because they know everything about flying?"
"No. They know how to fly. Craftsmans keep the firebirds working."
"Oh." Onam thanked the craftsman, then took the head shield to his room, sat on his mat, and tried the head shield on again and again. When it seemed that the sun should have traveled enough to see a difference, he stood with the head shield still in his hand, and went outside to check on the line and the shadow. The edge of the shadow had moved , but not enough. It seemed the last half of the day had never taken so long to pass. He returned to his room to lie down in hope of sleep. He wasn't sleepy, but he knew that he wouldn't be aware of the slow passage of the sun if he could just sleep.
When the shadows did grow long, Yetbarek found Onam asleep on his mat with his hand on his head shield. "Onam. Onam, it's time." He laughed when Onam woke with such a start he almost knocked his precious head shield to the floor.

24th Dec, 2007 - 8:35am / Post ID: #

God Sons Book

As the sun was about to set, Yetbarek, Habtamu, and Onam, pulled Onam's little bird out on the grass beside the bird path. The wing and tail made long shadows across the grass. Yetbarek looked at the western sky where a few scattered clouds were beginning to turn gold. "Onam, you have a light breeze across the bird path but the weather is good. I want you to start your touch and goes while it's still light, and work gradually into the darkness."
"Touch and goes?"
"You called it, come to earth and rise. The bird path has lights down both sides to guide you when it gets dark. Where you"re going the lights will be small fires but the effect is the same."
Onam pedaled his bird quickly with the wind toward the end of the bird path. He wanted to do what was expected of him, and do it well, because he had been accepted, but something didn't feel right. He turned into the wind and started his roll to take off. Half way down the path he rose to the crest of a man but settled back to the bird path. Yetbarek wondered aloud, "What's wrong?"
They waited as a very disappointed Onam pedaled slowly back to stop where he had started. "My legs. I haven't flown in several moons and they"re weak." He was breathing deep and fast. "It will take a moon to exercise them strong again."

It was several days before Onam could take off and fly back the length of the bird path to land with the wind in his face. He soon found that taking off and landing on a lighted bird path was easier than doing it in the moonlight. After some pointers from his friends he was taking off and landing with ease. After a moon he reported back to Lijalem. "I've practiced. My legs are strong again, and I'm ready for my night flight."
"You practiced with the lights very low to simulate the oil burning pots?"
"Yes."
"Good, I'll make arrangements for you to be there tonight. We"ll watch you on sky scan and direct your flight to the Egyptian bird path. You will be handed a small pouch. Bring it back to me. We"ll direct you back and the lights will be up bright for your landing."
It felt wonderful to be in the air again, but it felt especially good to be useful. He hadn't felt really useful since he came to earth in this new place. Now with this night task he felt better about where and who he was. He was to fly north until he heard further instructions. The stars twinkled and blinked at him from a black velvet sky like the sun reflecting off the ripples of a stream. Here and there he could see an occasional sheepherders camp fire but it was mostly pitch black below.
While he pedaled, his mind had time to wander back over the past. More and more now when he was alone, his thoughts turned to Leah. What would it have been like to be with her any time he wanted and not feel empty inside-to wake in the night and feel her presence, then lay a protective arm over her shoulder and smell her hair? Would her family have accepted him? Would it always have been as wonderful as the few moments they managed to steal from his father's control? Was his father still alive? He hoped so, because some way, somehow he was going to settle the score with him for killing Leah. He was startled from his deep thought when he heard Lijalem's voice.
"Onam you need to turn left just a little and wait for further instructions. Onam do you hear me? "
Onam was jerked immediately from his thoughts, but it took a few moments to find the disc. "Yes, I hear you. I"m turning left now."
Time passed and he was beginning to wonder about his next instruction when Lijalem told him to continue in the same direction and watch for the parallel string of small fires on the ground. There was nothing below now, not even a campfire. The only thing he could see were the stars above him. Then Lijalem spoke again, "You should have seen the fires by now. Turn and come back toward home. You must have missed them."
Onam turned and went back the way he came, watching for the fires. Far below, one very small fire came to life then began to move across the earth. He watched intently. "There, there's one, now two, three lights and they're lighting more. Now they're lighting the second line."
"Lijalem cautioned, "Onam, don't attempt to land until they quit lighting the oil pots. Then you"ll know they're clear of the bird path."
Onam watched the torch flame for wind direction and started losing height, waiting for the last of the pots to be lighted. He was really surprised that a string of small flames could so effectively guide him to the ground. He came to earth and rolled almost to a stop, pushed the staff to full left turn, pedaled hard, and his little bird turned to roll back to the other end of the smooth dirt path. The wind was at his back, and when he reached the other end, he repeated the procedure to turn into the wind ready to take off. He slowed his pedaling to rest his legs, breathed deeply in the night air, and rested. Two lines of small, smokey fires burned down both sides of the pathway so far they seemed to almost touch at the end.

12th Jan, 2008 - 6:20am / Post ID: #

Book: The Sons Of God

His thoughts wandered back to a time when he heard his father wish he could find a way to mark the grass path at night. He was startled back to the present when a shadowed face appeared from nowhere, and a hand with a pouch came out of the dark. He took the pouch, waved and started pushing the pedals In moments, he was in the air working hard to gain crest for the return trip. When he thought he was high enough, he touched a disc on the side of his new head shield and said, "I"m on my way back."
"Good work Onam. We'll guide you home."
When Onam came in next morning for breakfast, Habtamu told him Lijalem had called for a meeting after the evening meal, and then added, "He wants us all there."
"Come in Onam. Sit down." Lijalem seemed to be happier than usual. "We have much to talk about tonight." Then Lijalem's expression changed, and he spoke in a serious tone. "We have been observing you very closely since you came here. You have proven to be open with your feelings, even when you don't like something. You didn't run when you had the chance. You"re not a liar, and you certainly aren't a thief. We sent you away last night and you returned with the gold."
"Gold?"
Lijalem was amused at Onam's honest ignorance. "You look shocked. You didn't even look in the pouch to see what you were bringing back, did you? Didn't you wonder why it was so heavy?"
Onam looked at the floor for a moment, then straight into Lijalem's eyes. "I didn't think it was my place to question what you asked me to do."
Lijalem was happy with Onam's answer. "That just proves more than ever that you can be trusted. Onam, you"ve asked many questions since you came here. I"ve decided to answer most of them. Come outside with me so we can start at the beginning."
Lijalem, followed by Onam, Yetbarek, Habtamu, and Tigist, walked down the passage, then out through the bird storage to stand on the bird path.
Lijalem pointed at a star just above the hills. "Onam, see that dim star that appears to be almost alone?"
"Yes."
"If you traveled out to that star, you would be half-way to the home of our ancestors."
Onam's first thought was, "No one can fly that high!" Then he remembered all the wonders he had seen here, but still in doubt, he asked, "Wouldn't that take a long time?"
Lijalem continued to look at the singular star, and said wistfully, "Yes. I was one of the eleventh generation of children born on the journey to this earth."
Onam sensed Lijalem was about to reveal some very important history. "Why did your people leave their home?"
The others stood silently listening, knowing the story that Lijalem was going to tell. It was their history.
Lijalem looked once more at the dim star, then turned to go inside. "Out here in the cool night air is not the best place to tell stories."
When they entered the common room, a crackling fire was casting its orange glow into the room. Lijalem asked, "Tigist, before you sit down, could we have some wine?" Everyone else found a place to sit. Thick, soft, sheep hides and animal skins were tucked under, or spread over legs and arms until everyone was comfortable. Only when he had his cup of wine, did he continue. "They left because their sun was growing cold."
Tigist finished pouring wine, set the container within reach, and made herself comfortable. Lijalem noticed that Onam was watching Tigist curiously and explained, "Tigist was on the ship with us. She's one of us."
Onam was embarrassed. He sat wondering how Lijalem had read his thoughts that a woman didn't belong here.
Lijalem laughed. "Your thoughts are always written on your face. But let's get back to our story. Our ancient ones noticed the dying sun first. They told the rest of the people, but the younger generations wouldn't believe it until it was almost too late. Then all the people worked, almost without rest, to build a ship to travel in search of another world. When it was half finished and the people could see its size, they realized not everyone could go. So they grouped people together by profession, then each group drew lots so the knowledge of every trade would go on the journey. Each parent was to counsel his children how to run the ship, pass on his, or her, profession, and memories of home. It worked well at first, but after four generations, home was a memory that had died with the original crew. Everything on the ship was recycled, and the power source renewed itself, so the ship became home to them. It was the only home any of them had ever known."
Lijalem stopped for a moment. "You have a question Onam?"
"Did they know where they were going, or were they just wandering?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jan, 2008 - 5:23am / Post ID: #

Book Sons God - Page 3

Lijalem paused in thought before he answered. "Most of the people didn't care. But the forefathers of the four of us knew where they thought they wanted to go. Habtamu's fore-father found a book in storage written by an ancient. It was called, "First World." It described a distant planet, much more beautiful than his home. The book described oceans, and clouds, and great masses of land, with mountains, and rivers. It said there would be a new sun to warm us, and twinkling stars to watch over us at night. We have no idea how the ancient writer knew of this planet, but there were even star maps to guide us here. When he showed the book to the leaders, he was told it was only a story, nothing they would bother to follow. So even though he didn't know if they were right or wrong, when it was his turn to guide the ship, he changed the course to come here. No one noticed, and he didn't tell anyone but our fore-fathers.
"Would that be the fore-fathers of you, Yetbarek, and Tigist?"
"Yes Onam, but I"m sorry to say Habtamu's fore-father didn't live long after he found that book."
"What happened to him?"
"He was killed when the leaders found he had changed course without permission. They were strange. They didn't set a new course, because they didn't care where they were going, but because he didn't ask, they said it was mutiny. Our fore-fathers were very careful after that. They hid the books, and in secrecy they taught their children about energy, the principles of flight, how to leave and return to the same place, and thank goodness, they taught Tigist's fore-father food preparation. Because our parents spent so much time with us, the leaders became suspicious, and things did not go well. They accused our parents of trying to take over the ship, so the tension got worse and worse.

"During the last five generations our fore-fathers were feared outcasts. No one on the ship would so much as speak to them. I was a grown man when I glanced out the observation port at the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. We had passed lifeless planets where nothing could exist, and we long before decided we would never find anything as liveable as the home our fore-fathers left. But there, in the black velvet of space was this earth, glowing like a blue and white gem. I called the others in our group, and one at a time they gazed at this earth's beauty for the first time. When we had all looked two, and some of us three times, my father said, "We have to tell the leaders where we"re going, or they"ll crash the ship."

Lijalem paused for a long moment. Habtamu put another log on the fire, and Tigist disappeared to return with bread and fruit to go with the wine. Finally Lijalem continued. "They were angry enough to kill us all."
Onam was so caught up in the story he had not moved, or even tasted his wine, but his curiosity made him ask, "Why? You were coming to this beautiful place. Why were they angry?"

"The ship was self sustaining. It was their home, and they thought we were trying to destroy it. For the first time in their memory, they felt they had lost control of the only world they had ever known. They didn't have time to hurt us because they were putting all their efforts into controlling the ship. They tried to back away, but earth's gravity was pulling the ship in. They used so much energy so quickly it didn't have time to replenish, and they barely saved enough to crash land. After we came to earth the two groups separated. They kept all the poetry, art, and books about building. Our fathers took the books and manuals they were counseling us from, and went the opposite direction."

"What happened to them? Where did they go? Are they still around?"
Lijalem laughed. "I was getting to that. They settled in the low-lands by a river they named the Nile, and multiplied to become great in numbers. They call themselves Egyptians."
"Oh!" Onam said aloud. "Oh, that answers a lot of questions.... But I have more."
Everyone laughed at Onam's excitement, then Lijalem said, "Now's the time to ask."
"What do you call this land."
"Abyssinia, after the world we came from."
"If all the power was used landing the ship, where did you find the power you use now?"

"Many seasons passed before our fathers found a dark liquid oozing from the ground that would burn. When they were seen starting cooking fires with it, the Egyptians thought they had magic powers, so they were even more afraid of us. As we wandered from place to place, Habtamu's father noticed that lightning struck this mountain often in the rainy season. He climbed up where he saw the lighting strike, and saw the devastation the power of lightning can do. He wondered at this power, and spent much of his life learning how to store and use it. His son carried on the search for answers.

He created a room warmer but it wouldn't work long because his lightning storage didn't last. He spent most of his life inventing a way to make a reliable source of lightning power. Once he could make lightning appear on command, the fore-fathers were abundant with their creations. We can scan the sky without going outside. We can talk through the air for several days walk, light our living area or light the sky. The Egyptian leaders have paid us well to light the sky on command, which leaves us with a lot of time to experiment and create. I was the one that combined the burning liquid for power with lightning power for control to build the firebird. We dreamed of power and riches to be gained with my creations, but creating takes time.

When we finally created the maximum weapon, there were only three old men left to use it, Habtamu, Yetbarek and me. We're too old, but you"re not! We would like to see what a young man could do with the weapons we have here. Are you interested?"

26th Jan, 2008 - 5:08am / Post ID: #

Book Sons God The Bible Revealed - Page 3

Onam was almost speechless, but he managed to say, "Yes."
"You always have so many questions, is that all you can say?"
Onam finally managed to find his tongue, "What creations, what weapons, how do they work?"
Laughing, Lijalem said, "All right, lets start with the things you already know. The firebird, sky scan, head shield counselor, voice enlargement, powder that erupts, cold smoke, hand-held death light, rotor bird, erupting arrows and the inferno eruption that can be dropped from a firebird. We"ll explain each of these weapons as you learn to use them. Yetbarek can start counseling you to fly the firebird today."
As Onam put on his new flight raiments his imagination began to run wild. Lijalem had told him that with the weapons under his command he could defeat the most powerful army on earth. He pulled his new head shield on but left the darkened eye shield up, then walked out where Yetbarek was waiting for him with a big smile and a handshake. "Have you tried your gloves on to see if they fit?"
"Not yet."
"Pull your gloves on and drop your eye shield over your eyes. That looks good Onam, but you won't need all that equipment today. The basics of high speed flight start on the ground."
Onam thought he would fly today, and his disappointment showed on his face, but all he said was , "Oh."
After six moons of training Onam was getting a grasp on the concepts of flying nine hundred days walk in one day with a flight-knowledge table in front of him to indicate what the firebird was doing. He felt as though he was living in a fantastic dream. He was still flying with Yetbarek, but he knew the time was coming when he would be alone in his own powerful bird. The power and speed the firebird gave him aroused his imagination. Why, in one day I could go to my old home and back. Wouldn't it be interesting to pay a little visit to my father, just drop in at nine hundred days walk to say Hello. He wondered what would hurt his father the most. He knew if he just killed him he probably wouldn't suffer, and he did want him to suffer! He had it! He knew just what to do if he ever went back.
Then one day during training, Onam got an old feeling. He felt like he was only the brain, and the firebird was his power and control surfaces. No more thought went into a climbing turn than breathing. He knew he was ready. He and the firebird were one.
One afternoon Yetbarek put him through all the lessons he had learned, then said, "There's someone waiting for you on the bird path."
"How do you know? You can't see the bird path from here."
Yetbarek chuckled, "I just know."
Lijalem and Habtamu were waiting beside Onam's tie-down. Lijalem was wearing a big smile, "Yetbarek tells me you"re ready for the next step. Tomorrow Habtamu will begin your instruction in weapons."
Next morning they were in the air early. As they flew over a blackened practice area, Habtamu explained the individual steps necessary to fire each weapon. Before the end of the tenth day Onam was hitting his mark with fire arrows and enjoying the "whump" he both heard and felt when the fire arrow erupted. By the first moon he could drop a powder eruption where he wanted it. Flying with so much destructive power tucked under his wings gave him an unbelievable, wonderful, feeling of power. Habtamu touched him on the shoulder, "You don't need me any more. Tomorrow I'm going out to the practice area to watch from the ground."
Habtamu, Lijalem, and Yetbarek, watched Onam hit targets with all weapons. He was most deadly with the erupting fire arrows. Every one erupted against it's intended target. Habtamu said just one word, "Deadly."
Lijalem nodded agreement and said, "We couldn't ask for anything better. Onam coming here wasn't an accident. He was sent to us by the gods "
Again Lijalem waited by the tie-down. "You"ve surpassed our expectations. You're better than we ever hoped to be."
Onam's words came from his heart. "Thank you Lijalem."
"Yetbarek says you have trained with all of our weapons."
"I completed the last one yesterday."
"Habtamu, how's your list coming?"
"He has flown everything except the rotor bird. We saved the most difficult until last so he could go ahead with any plans he might make while he learns part of each day."
"Very good. Onam, have you been thinking about how you"re going to use all this power?"

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (12) »

> TOPIC: Book: The Sons Of God

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,