FLOW Trinidad

Flow Trinidad - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 29th Oct, 2007 - 8:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (13) »
FLOW Trinidad Review about their cable service including customer service, uptime, installs, internet, phone and options for viewing - flowtrinidad.com
22nd Oct, 2007 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

FLOW Trinidad

FLOW Trinidad

After months of thinking about it, we decided to get cable. I do not want to go through all the "Bacchanal" That went through for just requesting the service. spock.gif Primitiveness to its best.

I am interested in some feedback. We got the basic package and I would like to know your review of the service and also the channels you recommend for viewing.

Thanks.

FLOW Trinidad
FLOW Trinidad (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
24th Oct, 2007 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad FLOW

For me to get cable I had to go into FLOW and pay in advance. If I did not do that I would have had to wait on many operators giving me the run around on my account*.

From the time of payment to the time they came to install the boxes was pretty good. About four days. The technician called early in the morning and was reasonably cordial.

To actually get the boxes activated we had to wait til the next day.

* I previously requested Internet, but they were taking long to connect it so I just canceled it. When I called back they said I have $800.00 showing up on my account even though I never got the connection.

26th Oct, 2007 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

FLOW Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

As an update to this Thread and a tip: If one box is activated and the other is not make sure that before the signal is sent again (by the FLOW CSR) that you turn off BOTH boxes and not just one. We were trying to get one box activated by leaving one box on (the working box), but it seemed to affect the other box, only when we turned off both did we get them both working.

27th Oct, 2007 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Trinidad FLOW

Well living in Trinidad, always expect the unexpected. I was excited when FLOW decided to upgrade my service from analogue to digital cable. Unfortunately, there are times when I get a rainbow of beautiful colours but poor reception.

Please bear in mind that Trinidadians are not customer service oriented, so do not expect to receive great service from FLOW. In spite of their upgrade from analogue to digital, sometimes you do not receive any reception at all. If you call, the CSR is usually weary and apologetic, after you explain to her about not having any reception. I suppose she sounds tired since the whole of Trinidad calls to complain about poor or no reception.

Okay, when they upgraded my cable, I had access to a few nice channels for a limited time only. One channel that stands out is OXYGEN. They show a lot of old movies like Beaches and reruns of old shows like Living Single, Roseanne and a few others. CINEMAX, HBO, SHOWTIME and STARZ usually show some great movies, a year after it was released in cinemas. Lifetime is also a nice channel; very family oriented stories. Oh I almost forgot! ABC is currently showing, DANCING WITH THE STARS, PUSHING DAISIES, UGLY BETTY, PRIVATE PRACTICE and SAMANTHA WHO? If you enjoy cooking, Food Network is every chef's dream! THE GOURMET NEXT DOOR, IRON CHEF AMERICA, DINNER IMPOSSIBLE are very interesting to watch. Well I hope you enjoy watching LDS and JB!

Oh by the way, I received a notice from FLOW indicating that they will be raising cable from $197.40 to $210.00 per month effective 1 November 2007. So you will be paying more money for service that needs a lot to be desired!

27th Oct, 2007 - 4:46am / Post ID: #

Trinidad FLOW

I do notice that the digital cable does need a pep because I can see the low resolution in certain shades of light at times. The other thing is the breaks and pauses.

I am already aware of the higher rate, we signed up with that rate actually. Flow maybe trying to do more than they can handle, but I do not expect much so I am not disappointed. Right now we have 30 days to watch all the package offerings and then we have to pay more if we want to have beyond the basic channels.

28th Oct, 2007 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

FLOW Trinidad

Geenie did they give an actual reason for the price or hike or was it just because they felt like making more money on we.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Oct, 2007 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

FLOW Trinidad

IndianChick, I will quote the precise reason they gave for the increase:

"I would like to take this opportunity to advise that effective November 1, 2007, FLOW will increase the monthly rates charged for residential analog and digital cable television services by 6%, to $210 Vat inclusive.

The rate adjustment is the first in five years for residential cable customers and is necessary due to the significant increases in programming costs, human resource costs and customer-centric operational expenditures in recent years.  It should be noted that the increase being applied by Flow is less than the recent one-year annual increase in inflation in Trinidad.

We would also like to announce that effective January 1, 2008, monthly rates for our digital theme packs will increase from $24.99 to $29.99 and in the case of Flow en Espanol from $9.99 to $14.99.  Flow Your Own will also be increased from $29.99 to $34.99.  There will be no change to the monthly fee for Flow A La Carte channels."

After their mad drive to upgrade all areas in Trinidad and Tobago from analogue to digital, I suspected that an increase in monthly rates would follow. I just wish they would pour some of this money that they are receiving into improving customer service.

29th Oct, 2007 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

FLOW Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Thanks. The price hike isn't that bad considering everyone is feeling the pressure and its not like food prices that change everyday.

JB you got FLOW internet yet or you still with wireless?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: FLOW Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,