California Fires - Page 3 of 14

I have a feeling that they are happening more - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Oct, 2008 - 5:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (14) »
California Fires Anything to be learnt?
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2007 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

California Fires
A Friend

California Fires - Page 3

The Sierra Club and environmental groups like them have been restricting the clearing of overgrown dead brush because they thought that they were keeping the natural order of things.

Why does it seem that people who got their info from a pamphlet get to make and set policy? More importantly, why are people allowing this to happen? The longer I'm in this country the more I think the loudest idiot sets the path.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Nov, 2007 - 10:50am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Fires California

California fire residents return

Up to 10,000 California residents forced from their homes by fires are being allowed back as dry winds subside.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...cas/7111534.stm

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2008 - 11:29am / Post ID: #

California Fires History & Civil Business Politics

Fires cause California evacuation

Thousands of people are told to leave their homes as wildfires burn in large areas of the US state of California.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...cas/7489156.stm

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2008 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

California Fires
A Friend

Page 3 Fires California

I think a lot of people need to take a close look at what they are doing to the forests and natural progression of things. Building your homes out in what used to be a forest but now is a suburb is not always good. The fact that they are deforesting the land is creating a new type of forest to burn. Just this time the forest is houses. Plus the land is less stable in rains as there are no more tree roots to hold it in place. Pollution will be worse for there are less trees to clean the air.

4th Jul, 2008 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Fires California

That's true up to a point, but I think most of these fires up north have been due to the drought. We had some nice rain part of this last winter and spring, but it just sprouted up a lot of wild brush all over the place, which has been drying out in record heat. Perfect for tinder when lightning strikes.

I sure feel for those families who are affected by these wildfires.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2008 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

California Fires

LA firefighters battle wildfires

Two wildfires driven by strong winds destroy dozens of homes near Los Angeles and claim at least two lives.
Ref. Source 4

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Oct, 2008 - 7:34am / Post ID: #

California Fires - Page 3

I sure hope they get these contained soon! So many people evacuated and losing their homes and in some cases all that they own with them. We seem to go through this more and more often recently...

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2008 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

California Fires
A Friend

California Fires Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

I have a feeling that they are happening more and more due to the urban sprawl that is happening. With more and more homes being built there is less safe areas for fires to occur. Hopefully those who have lost homes will be able to rebuild and recover some of what they have lost.

Hopefully the fires stay away from you FarSeer.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: California Fires

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,