LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons

Lds View Transsexuals Transsexual Mormons - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Nov, 2007 - 2:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Transsexual Mormons
28th Oct, 2007 - 4:35am / Post ID: #

LDS View Transsexuals

What are your feelings about being a Transsexuals in the wider Plan of Salvation? Do you know the Church's position on Transsexuals?

29th Oct, 2007 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Transsexual Transsexuals View LDS

No place for a transexuals in the better part of the plan of salvation. This is another one of those people who try to complicate life when it is really simple, just be happy with what God gave you.

30th Oct, 2007 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

I do not think God wants individuals to mutilate their own bodies to try to change their sex (something that is medically impossible to do).

But God still loves his children, regardless of their sin. That person would need to repent for any unrepentant sins, like the rest of us.

The thing is, no matter what a person does to try to change their sex, in the resurrection they will be the sex they were born with. No amount of hormones or mutilations can change a person's sex.

No place for a transexuals in the better part of the plan of salvation

Like most sins, I believe the atonement can help one overcome this sin, if there is true repentance. It is still serious though.

From Spencer W. Kimball

The Lord has only one standard of morality-total chastity for both men and women before marriage and complete fidelity afterward. Heaven was there." 2 Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball The law of chastity prohibits all sexual relations outside marriage.

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 30th Oct, 2007 - 12:18am

30th Oct, 2007 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (dbackers @ 29-Oct 07, 4:16 PM)
But God still loves his children, regardless of their sin. That person would need to repent for any unrepentant sins, like the rest of us.

I agree with dbackers in the fact that there are only 2 sins that I know of that cannot be forgiven--and this isn't one of them.

Heavenly Father has unconditional love and although I far from condone it, I don't have the full knowledge of why some would do it to judge them. I cannot imagine being the parent or spouse of someone who chose to do that.

In the repentance process that it would take to be forgiven of those sins, I personally think it would be one of the hardest to repent for--it has so many other areas that it could involve.

31st Oct, 2007 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

I honestly do not know. I am hesitant to call anyone in this position a sinner. I donot know what they go through. How about hermapadites who are born with both genders? Are they sinners? What gender to they have? Just because transexuals have a physical sex, does not make their emotional, and hormonal not count in gender. I just do not know. What makes up gender? Is it more then sexual organs? IS there hormones, brain patterns genes that help make that decision? I do not know, so I am hesitant to call it a sin, because gender to me is much more then physical sex organs. I think that this is one of the next areas that we need to work out in our doctrine. We say gender is eternal but to fail to define gender? We ascribe such characteristics to female gender as love, nurturing, peace keeping, raising children and there emotional needs, yet we ascribe these characteristics to Heavenly Father. Does this make God gender confused by our typical ideas of gender? I just think that we do not know as much about such things as we tend to think. That is my opinion of course.

31st Oct, 2007 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

How about hermapadites who are born with both genders?

Usually there is one organ that is stronger than the other or functional and the other is normally not very useful like a sixth finger. Why would anyone want to change sexual organs? Give me a medical reason that benefits health. This is just mutilation of the temple. It is as simple as that, you can try and complicate things but you will find it a difficult argument.

31st Oct, 2007 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

LDS View Transsexuals Transsexual Mormons

I think that this is one of the next areas that we need to work out in our doctrine.

If we believe that this is the Church of Jesus Christ I do not think we will be working anything out. The Church through the first presidency(I.e. revelation from God) may receive new direction pertaining to transsexuals, but it would not be something that was brought on by church members wanting the change.

We as individuals may have differences of opinions, but there has to be some absolutes that cannot be determined by societal standards, and I suspect this is one of them.

We say gender is eternal but to fail to define gender?

I would generically define Gender as Male (XY chromosomes) or Female (XX chromosomes). I have no opinion on hermaphroditism, because I just do not know the reason for this Genetic Defect in the eternal scheme of things.

In most all cases one is born either a Man or a Woman. A sex change operation does not change the sex or Gender of a person regardless on how one feels. Not to be crude, but adding and taking away does not make the persons sex change. There are still XX chromosomes and XY Chromosomes that cannot be changed.

2nd Nov, 2007 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

LDS View Transsexuals Transsexual Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies

Good stuff. I feel that gender is more then physical sex organs or chromosomes. Gender is also social expectations that define Masculine and feminine. It clearly is much more then physical sex. How we dress, act, behave, think, walk, talk, and communicate are all included in gender. (why does the church get upset about cross dressing at church Halloween parties?) In some cultures woman can become male, and some Polynesian cultures even have a third gender. If a man walks or talks like a woman we tend to question his masculinity I.e gender. I think that in case of transsexuals who is to say that there are not other reasons, other then chromosomes and biological parts that drive them to another gender? Who is to say that a biological male cannot be a female gender? (and I am not talking about homosexuality)
I had a professor in my undergrad at Ohio State who was working on genetics and gene manipulation. He once theorized in class that the day is fast approaching that gene/ DNA manipulation will be an every day thing. We will be able to change our genetic make up like hair color, build, and rid diseases such as aids, diabetes,hear disease etc. He even suggested that we will be able to manipulate our chromosomes so that genetically we can change sex. He said this would be done in our life time. So if one could change xy chromosomes, and other genetic codes would that make one a male or female? How does that effect our eternal scheme or does it?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,