Mormon 2012 & End of the World?

Mormon 2012 World - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Nov, 2009 - 6:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Is this the year of doom?
3rd Nov, 2007 - 3:09am / Post ID: #

As I am searching through the net I am coming across many people that consider themselves psychic or gifted (you will read one such person within a Thread in this Board) that claims that 2012 will be the year of either great war or invasion. What do you think? 2012 is not far away at all, should we also be hearing something from the Brethren or is it all just hoaxes? I do find it more than interesting that so manyh are pointing to this year though.

Sponsored Links:
5th Nov, 2007 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

World of and Mormon

A long time ago, I read that 2012 was the year. I can't remember where I read it, but it was in conjunction with April 6 - the date the church was officially formed.

However, all the "doom and gloom" predictions mean nothing. We can see the future of the world in the scriptures, and before our very eyes on the news reports. And, frankly, the brethren have been telling us for decades to be prepared. I think we should heed that advice and be ready for anything, at any time.

5th Nov, 2007 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

Mormon 2012 & End of the World? Studies Doctrine Mormon

The theories, I believe, are based on the end of the Mayan Calendar which falls on December 21 2012. It is based on Cycles of the the Milky Way.

From the Website 'The Living Prophesy'
https://www.13moon.com/prophecy%20page.htm

Earth and her inhabitants are currently travelling through the 13th baktun cycle - the final period of 1618-2012 AD. This cycle is known both as "the triumph of materialism" and "the transformation of matter." The Maya predicted this final baktun would be a time of great forgetting in which we drift very far from our sense of Oneness with Nature and experience a kind of collective amnesia. Like a memory virus in which we begin to believe the limited reality of appearances and grow dense to the spiritual essence which fuels this world, so humanity's sense of ego and domination has grown

In THE HOW AND WHY OF THE MAYAN END DATE IN 2012 A.D.
by John Major Jenkins
The Author explains the Cycles of the Mayan Calendar and is interesting in some of its explanations
https://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

I believe many of the Phycic's dreams and visions are based on this date.

I do not think that any of this is reflective of the true date that the savior comes but I thought it was interesting.

5th Nov, 2007 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

World of and Mormon

Good points Dbackers. I did not look at it as a Second Coming date, but a date of th beginning of great calamity or in other words not simply a war here and there as we see now, but a real noticeable break down. Of course there will only be one real way to find out... four more years to go.

19th Nov, 2007 - 6:04am / Post ID: #

World of and Mormon

That is interesting. I have always found the Mayan people and culture fascinating. While teaching a homeschool group last year we studied them and I think I learned more than they did. We covered their calendar and the date of Dec. 21, 2012--I was thinking that is when they think the world will end, but reading these thoughts from you all, maybe not.
The thing that makes it interesting is they were such awesome mathematicians. I can't remember know but I think their timing was the closest ( 30 seconds off or something?) to what we now find with our expensive tools and technology.

29th Dec, 2009 - 3:40am / Post ID: #

Here is a site about the Mayan calendar: Source 3, the main thing it says is that there was no such thing as an initial point of departure for the Maya calendar"¦ time was conceived of as without beginning or end. The Mayan calendar, that uses Mayan long count, has cycles, like our decades or centuries. In the year 2012 will end the current baktun (similar to our decade), but this does not mean the end of time, the calendar keeps going and going.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2009 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mormon 2012 & of World

'2012-ers' Look Back in Time and See End of World

What if an ancient civilization could have predicted the future? And calculated the end of time? Some people say the Mayans, who thrived thousands of years ago in what is now Mexico and Central America, did just that. The ancient Mayan calendar, say so-called "2012'ers," explains that time itself began about Aug. 11, 3114 B.C. And will end Dec. 21, 2012 -- the winter solstice. Ref. Source 2

19th Nov, 2009 - 6:01am / Post ID: #

Mormon 2012 & of World Mormon Doctrine Studies

My own theory about the Mayans "perfect" calender comes from the fact that a perfect calendar would come from a perfect being, namely Jesus Christ. Who knows but that he created the calendar in response to the question of when would he return, because he did promise to return.
He really loved these people. I know it says it ends on the winter soltice, but what if it went over a couple of days to the 23 Dec. 2012. A significant date to latter day saints.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mormon 2012 & End of the World?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,