Mormon View: Alcohol In Medicine - Page 3 of 4

Name: Brenda Comments: Diabetes is a disease. - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2014 - 3:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
25th May, 2014 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View: Alcohol In Medicine - Page 3

Tubaloth, based on your checking how much alcohol is too much for your cough medicine to break the Word of Wisdom?

Sponsored Links:
25th May, 2014 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Medicine Alcohol View Mormon

How much is too much? I don't know. One takes medication to feel better not to get drunk. The amount isn't a big deal to me.

27th May, 2014 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View: Alcohol In Medicine Studies Doctrine Mormon

laugh.gif where I live I see a few people who live outside drink mostly mouthwash. I guess I mostly use cough drops I haven't really used to much syrup but Night Quil has or used to have 90% alcohol and 1 to 2 bottle's of that if you can afford to can knock you out for awhile esp. If you take anything else with it

28th May, 2014 - 5:40am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Medicine Alcohol View Mormon

My friends, get the principle. What is the principle behind WoW? Is it the 5 things prohibited by D&C 89? No! It's a simple question of what is good for the body, and what is bad for it. If I have an allergy to milk, and I take milk, I'm breaking the WoW, in a sense. If I don't exercise, I'm breaking the WoW. If I take cough medicine because the doctor told me too, it doesn't matter if it has alcohol or marijuana in it. However, if I take it to get drunk, that's another question. Only God can judge in all reality.

28th May, 2014 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Medicine Alcohol View Mormon

You are speaking about breaking the Word of Wisdom and the Spirit of the Word of Wisdom. Let's make that clear because breaking those five things prohibited in Doctrine and Covenants 89 is what will you keep you out of the Temple and not a glass of milk.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2014 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View: Alcohol In Medicine

Name: Wes

Comments: God gave alcohol to us to use for medicinal purposes like bacteria.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Jun, 2014 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View Alcohol Medicine - Page 3

Well, I never use cough medicine. I am a health freak and would not even think about putting that in my body. Did you know that the brethren in Josephs time drink frequently wine? Years after the WOW was given?
In any case, if your doctor prescribes this or if you feel that you absolutely medically need this then don't worry about and use it. To me the WOW goes far beyond what we read. To ME that is not to you. When God said it is adapted the the weak and the weakest, that to me means this is a watered down version and I can do better. What about obesity and overweight? I think that is more of a health risk then a little cough syrup, don't you?

Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2014 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View Alcohol Medicine Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

Name: Brenda

Comments: Diabetes is a disease. Cancer is a disease. Alcoholism (Starts) as a choice.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Mormon View: Alcohol In Medicine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,