Arizona Illegal Immigrants - Page 6 of 11

I think that's the main issue with - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Jul, 2010 - 2:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 11 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (11) »
Arizona Illegal Immigrants Americas toughest sheriff is doing the work of the US Immigration. He is literally hunting for illegal immigrants.
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2010 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Arizona Illegal Immigrants - Page 6

Obama sues Arizona

The Federal government is going after Arizona and its new immigration law, which really is just a reiteration of existing immigration law, and the stage is set for a constitutional showdown. Glenn plays the audio from Senator Kyl, who talked about his one-on-one with Obama re: immigration. Ref. Source 2

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2010 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

Immigrants Illegal Arizona

Lawmakers in 28 states, including Utah, fight spread of Arizona immigration law

She said that copying the Arizona law - which the Utah Legislature is expected to consider next year - would be expensive because of likely legal challenges. Such a law would not by itself stop illegal immigration and would cause "a lot of dissonance and divisiveness among communities," she said. The Arizona law requires local police to question a person's immigration status if they have reason to suspect the person is in the country illegally. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2010 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Arizona Illegal Immigrants History & Civil Business Politics

Arizona Challenged

Justice Department expected to file legal challenge today to Arizona immigration law, administration official says. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2010 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Immigrants Illegal Arizona

Arizona warned of 2nd lawsuit:

The Obama administration could file yet another lawsuit against Arizona if it decides racial profiling is taking place under that state's new immigration law, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. Said. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2010 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

Arizona Illegal Immigrants
A Friend

Immigrants Illegal Arizona

I doubt that racial profiling is taking place in Arizona but I think the Obama administration getting involved over a law that was placed on the books by the US congress is something interesting to say the least. I think that Arizona has the right to stop border hoppers because the US government is not doing it.

I find it interesting that I can not go to Mexico or Canada without a passport to get back into this country but border hoppers need no documents what so ever. There is something seriously broken in the nation and it needs to be fixed.

13th Jul, 2010 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

Arizona Illegal Immigrants

I just want to toss something in here. I may have said things along this same idea before but recently have been dealing with this topic again and it is bringing up old feelings and such.

I recently became aware that many illegals are allowed and even encouraged to work at many factories throughout the country. Even though they are known illegals. Not just the little companies either, even large corporations. It is happening right in front of the companies eyes and they do nothing to stop it. The companies act like it isn't happening but they know very well that it is. I don't know why they are not being fined or something along those lines. You can't tell me you have no idea that more than half of your company is occupied by illegal aliens. That is a pretty obvious thing.

I find this very interesting considering the current unemployment rate. Maybe we would have more jobs if they were not being given to illegals. It just bothers me because I spent a long time looking for work recently and finally found a job.

I had to go to a different temp agency because the one I was going began to only hire illegals. The temp agency was doing this because if you have a white person working in the same factory as the illegals, they are afraid that the white person will report the illegals.

Which actually has happened before at a factory I was working at. Strangely it only happened after the bulk of the work orders were done for that season. One day I went into work and it was like a ghost town. Almost the entire factory had been fired because of being illegal immigrants. The forklift drivers, supervisors, QC's, everyone . . .

Having your supervisor tell you how to do the job in spanish can be pretty frustrating and to me felt like a slap in the face.

Just seems unfair to me. They want to complain that they are being treated unfairly but I feel hurt and mistreated by this. And God forbid if I actually voiced this opinion to an illegal immigrant. They usually get very angry or laugh in my face as if I am the crazy one. That is if they understand what I'm saying.

I think this new enforcement of the law in Arizona is just a push back. They have been pushing us for a long time and people are starting to fight back. A problem that I am seeing though is that like KNtoran said. The government isn't really doing much of anything to stop this activity. It is almost as if the government is encouraging it. Which to me doesn't really make sense. Of course I am not at the top and can't see the big picture. I am sure that money has something to do with the core reason though.

Arizona better watch what they are doing though because if they are over zealous they are going to make themselves look very bad. Many of those they are bringing in for trials and deportation have houses here and been living here for years. That doesn't make what they are doing right but it makes people feel sorry for them. I know when I hear stories of Mexicans who have sons and daughters here and a wife or girlfriend I feel bad for them. They went to work just like me, did their work just like me, but are being tossed out of the country their family was started in. To me that is just really sad that decent people are being treated badly (in my view).

I guess you could say that you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. Or something along those lines. Or maybe they shouldn't be here in the first place so they should not be shown any mercy. Yet I can't help but feel badly for the ones who are actually trying to make lives here and be decent citizens. They come from a really bad place too so I can see why they would want to come here.

One thing I wonder is after they get here and get a job why don't they use their money to get citizenship? I mean if you have been here for years and years and have started a family here why not get citizenship?

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 13th Jul, 2010 - 5:49am

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Jul, 2010 - 9:02am / Post ID: #

Arizona Illegal Immigrants - Page 6

Please read the bill that the Arizona Congress passed:

Source 6

Really, you need to read it for yourself as getting the 2 sentence condensed version from your local news media outlet doesnt do the bill any justice and just feeds a frenzy...

Please note the first paragraph from the bill:

international QUOTE
A. NO OFFICIAL OR AGENCY OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE MAY ADOPT A POLICY THAT LIMITS OR RESTRICTS THE ENFORCEMENT OF FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAWS TO LESS THAN THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY FEDERAL LAW.

If it is enforced as written, then employers of illegal aliens are in for a shock as a large chunk of the legislation is dedicated to them as well. I think the bill is a unfortunately needed, well-crafted, re-wording of what our federal government should be doing in the first place.

Now, for the law suit against it from the DOJ...

CNN
international QUOTE
"Although a state may adopt regulations that have an indirect or incidental effect on aliens, a state may not establish its own immigration policy or enforce state laws in a manner that interferes with federal immigration law," the brief said. "The State of Arizona has crossed this constitutional line."

Read it. There is no interference since it supports the federal immigration law...these procedures support the federal immigration law, unless that law was supposed to allow illegals into the country unfettered.

international QUOTE
President Barack Obama said in a speech July 1 that the Arizona measure has "fanned the flames of an already contentious debate." Among other things, it puts pressure on police officers to enforce rules that are "unenforceable" while making communities less safe -- in part, by making people more reluctant to report crimes, he said.

Read it, these items are quiet enforceable and actually spend a great deal of time talking about those that knowingly hire illegal aliens. Not to mention the rules are the federal governments rules and while they have shown great apathy towards enforcing them, why should they stand in the way of those eager support of their law? He really should think of it as a community planner type of thing that he should be very familiar with...

international QUOTE
"The American people must wonder whether the Obama administration is really committed to securing the border when it sues a state that is simply trying to protect its people by enforcing immigration law."

It is interesting that a injunction is about to be sent out to stop enforcement of the new law. Again, read the first paragraph of the law...the irony is thick.

international QUOTE
"Not only does this lawsuit reveal the Obama administration's contempt for immigration laws and the people of Arizona, it reveals contempt for the majority of the American people who support Arizona's efforts to reduce human smuggling, drug trafficking and illegal immigration," said Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas. "Arizona's law simply applies state penalties to acts already illegal under federal law."

Me
international QUOTE
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain or the illegals flowing across the borders boys and girls.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 13th Jul, 2010 - 9:15am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

13th Jul, 2010 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Arizona Illegal Immigrants Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

I think that's the main issue with this law. It is affecting US CITIZENS. It's crazy. Illegals are literally taking over the country. However, the real issue here are the companies that hire them, they are the ones giving a slap in the faces to their own people!

Also, as a Latina myself I cannot understand why (in my conversation with other Latinos) I am expected to support illegal immigration and also do not understand when others assume I do because of my ethnicity. It's crazy!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: Arizona Illegal Immigrants

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,