Arizona Illegal Immigrants - Page 8 of 11

It is real easy to sit there and say how horrible - Page 8 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Jul, 2010 - 7:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 11 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Arizona Illegal Immigrants Americas toughest sheriff is doing the work of the US Immigration. He is literally hunting for illegal immigrants.
27th Jul, 2010 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

Arizona Illegal Immigrants - Page 8

Well, the reality is that the US government's debts are far in excess of its liquid (current cash) value. The US government could not spend any money at all for approximately 2.5 years and we would then have enough on had to pay off our debt. Now we can do what we are doing and that is simply printing more money, but in time the value of our currency will be diminished.

Source 7

The data is a bit on the older side but as you can see...Mexico, El Salvador and Guatemala. Mexico is by far in the lead, but the other are more than significant. Also interesting is the work breakdown for the illegals. It just isnt agricultural work.

Yes, there are many US citizens that struggle every day. They may receive support from the government, but the government's bank book is by far overdrawn.

In the good old days we could afford to not deal with this problem, but those days are passed. The amount of taxes that were paid through purchases from illegal immigrants typically made the difference in services that they received but did not help pay for by the US Federal and State Governments almost a wash or was tolerable. However, with the increase in healthcare cost, total number illegally gaining social security benefits, etc... This delta has now started to become very tangible...

Source 2

international QUOTE
The Center for Immigration Studies reported in 2004: "Households headed by illegal aliens imposed more than $26.3 billion in costs on the federal government in 2002 and paid only $16 billion in taxes, creating a net fiscal deficit of almost $10.4 billion, or $2,700 per illegal household."

That is just healthcare expenditures...read the wikipedia entry. It is pretty informative.

international QUOTE
Michael D. Antonovich, Los Angeles County Supervisor for the 5th District, announced in August 2009: "Figures from the Department of Public Social Services show that children of illegal aliens in Los Angeles County collected nearly $22 million in welfare and over $26 million in food stamps in June 2009. Projected over a 12 month period, this would exceed $575 million dollars. Annually the cost of illegal immigration to Los Angeles County taxpayers exceeds $1 billion dollars, which includes $350 million for public safety, $400 million for healthcare, and $500 million in welfare and food stamps allocations. Twenty-four percent of the County's total allotment of welfare and food stamp benefits goes directly to the children of illegal aliens born in the United States." He referred to the costs as "catastrophic" for taxpayers. He estimated that the total cost for illegal immigrants to County taxpayers exceeds $1 billion a year, excluding education.

Is it a surprise that California is nearly bankrupt? And California has a budget that is larger than a great many countries.

Should the US have taken securing the border more seriously decades ago? Certainly! And like most things that are ignored until they become a real problem, they are more painful to fix...

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 27th Jul, 2010 - 4:31am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2010 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Arizona Illegal Immigrants
A Friend

Immigrants Illegal Arizona

I keep hearing all this talk about how broke the USA is and how we can not afford to pay anything. I hold all the Illegal immigrants as the prime cause of this. It is my belief that we need to get rid of all illegals so we can get our country back. One main thing I think a lot of communities will notice once we get rid of all illegals is the crime rate will fall. This is a huge plus in my book.

Post Date: 28th Jul, 2010 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Arizona Illegal Immigrants History & Civil Business Politics

Blocked

A judge has blocked the most controversial sections of Arizona's new immigration law from taking effect Thursday, handing a major legal victory to opponents of the crackdown. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2010 - 12:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 8 Immigrants Illegal Arizona

Stupid Judge. Someone should vote this guy out of office. This is a law that most Americans want. I am disappointed that a judge would block this.

29th Jul, 2010 - 9:52am / Post ID: #

Immigrants Illegal Arizona

So he blocks the right of law enforcers to I.D. Criminals to make sure they are legal citizens. Wow, I don't know what else to say other than "wow", maybe "really?".

What in the world is the legal basis for this action from this judge?

Something is terribly wrong here.

I am pretty sure this will be overturned, we will have to see.

Rather off topic, but...
Nice to see BP is not getting punished.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 29th Jul, 2010 - 9:54am

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2010 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

AZ law was already working

Before it was even put in place, the Arizona immigration law was already working because illegal immigrants were self deporting themselves to avoid prosecution. It does seem strange that a court would be so afraid of a law that specifically forbids law enforcement from racially profiling. But that wasn't enough for the courts (and a Clinton appointed Judge) to jump to the rescue of the paranoid left who worry about kids being scooped up while they enjoy an ice cream cone. Glenn has more on radio today. Ref. Source 1

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2010 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Arizona Illegal Immigrants - Page 8

That is just it. You have a judge who is so left wing that no matter what the law is we can not enforce it. I think it is sad that law that was working before it went into effect is now just sitting there ready to collect dust like so many other non enforceable laws. I see America not being the great nation I fought for.

30th Jul, 2010 - 7:46am / Post ID: #

Arizona Illegal Immigrants Politics Business Civil & History - Page 8

It is real easy to sit there and say how horrible it is to deport people and how its mean. It must be a good feeling to defend people who are being "mistreated".

That is not always the case though. Just because my son whines to me that he isn't getting his way doesn't mean I automatically give in. I explain to him why he isn't getting his way and he is a better person for it, and respects me more.

This side stepping of the real issue is a shame. I feel sorry for the law enforcers who are in the middle of this. I can imagine what it must feel like to want the tools to do your job. Finally get them, and then loose them this way.

The only reason this whole issue is still going on is because people want to baby the whole thing. Not treat it like a serious issue but something you can sit behind and feel good about. Like people protesting eating meat or cutting down trees. Sure it sounds like a great argument that makes you feel like a good person. Yet that isn't really the whole story it is just what you are buying into.

The messed up thing to me is that this issue will never get the media it needs. There are so many other things going on right now for the media to deflect. The war, the oil spill, on and on, and the funny thing is everyone I talk to thinks the same way I do about the Arizona law. However the government isn't listening to the people, like they are required to by law.

Rather off topic, but...
Reminds me of the Iraq war and how so many people were against it yet we still ended up there forever.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

+  « First of 11 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 

> TOPIC: Arizona Illegal Immigrants

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,