Ldssusan Introduction

Ldssusan Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 9th Nov, 2007 - 3:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Austrailia, Australia LDS Dicussion
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2007 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Ldssusan Introduction
A Friend

Ldssusan Introduction

Hello there
My name is Sue and I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and yes I do know it is true HOWEVER, it is so difficult. You hear so many people get up and say how happy they are to be members of the church and how grateful they are BUT do they really mean it? It is so hard to always be "doing" what you should and "feeling" the way you should. If you question it you are frowned upon because you are suppose to be happy! I am not saying I am not happy some of the time, but sometimes I feel like I am suffocating so much I can't breathe properly. Suffocation by correctness perhaps? It is the alway having to and must do's and you shouldn't and why don't you. I think sometimes it is so unfair that those who find all these things easy are the ones who are blessed the most. They are the ones who can do what they should and then they get the pats on the back and the "Yep you will make it". It is the ones who struggle and fall short that are feeling "well I am not going to make it so why bother?". I know I have to bother because I know it is true and right and I do know Heavenly Father loves me BUT! why is it so darn hard? and why is it so much easier for others? I describe myself as one who suffers swingdoor syndrome - I peek through the door when things are good and I say "Yep it is ok out there so I leave it open little, but then things get difficult or change and I shut that door and hide behind it like a scared child "I don't want to look out there cause it is scary and difficult and hard work". Perhaps I am just lazy or perhaps I am just afraid of what lies beyond that door. I would love to hear others honest opinion of how they handle life, in particular church life when it gets hard and scarry. I know I can pray and I do, believe me I do but that door remains shut at times and I don't know how to open it entirely and step onto the other side. I really am sincere in wanting to hear that I am not alone in feeling like this. There isn't many avenues you can go where people really say "hey this is hard and difficult and I am not really cutting the grade although I do want to". I don't want to hear the platitudes I want to hear the real life feelings and how others feel. Maybe I am just bad to the bone and wrong in what I am saying. This I don't know and that is why I have come here.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2007 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

Introduction Ldssusan

Welcome LDS Member

Thanks for posting your introduction message, this INTERNATIONAL Forum allows you to interact positively with many people on varying topics such as LDS Church news, Doctrine, the Book of Mormon, etc. However, do keep in mind that LDS Related Discussion is kept only in the LDS Related Boards as this is an International Community.

Be sure to read: The Art of Discussion.

The next thing you should do now is update your profile. You can do this by clicking the link called, 'My Controls' in the top menu. You may wish to venture over to the LDS Deep Doctrine board or the News & RM Section and have a look around.

If you like LDS Based Games then you may also be interested in playing: Nephi RPG where you can 'Journey to the Promised Land' and see if you really know a lot about the Book of Mormon.

Here are some quick links for you to look over when you have time:
Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ | Upgrade

**PLEASE NOTE** If you joined just to access the Mature LDS Board then you need to Upgrade, see here for reviews: Click Here. Upgrading is NOT necessary for the other LDS Related Boards.

> TOPIC: Ldssusan Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,