Housing Discrimination

Housing Discrimination - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Nov, 2007 - 12:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

12th Nov, 2007 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Housing Discrimination

Housing Discrimination

Have any of you seen that US add about Housing Discrimination? The one where this guy calls the same rent ad using different voices and accents only to hear that the place has been taken. It is only when he puts on his regular voice does he get through with the lady who says the place is available.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
12th Nov, 2007 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

Discrimination Housing

Yes I have heard it on the radio.

It is done by actors and actresses speaking in different accents to let people know that discrimination is wrong. I do not know how widespread Housing discrimination is, but there are indications that it is a problem in some areas.

From
One in Five Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders Face Housing Discrimination
Joint Release by LCCREF, NFHA, National CAPACD, HUD

Unfortunately, housing discrimination is still a pervasive problem in America," said Karen McGill Lawson, LCCREF executive director. "HUD estimates that one in five Asian Americans face housing discrimination. We hope this campaign sends a clear signal to those who discriminate, but more importantly, we want victims of discrimination to know that there is something they can do about it."

I am not certain how discrimination breaks down by area, as the US is extremely large and there are different levels of tolerance in different areas.

Transcript of add can be found at:
https://www.fairhousinglaw.org/the_campaign...versions.html#3

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

13th Nov, 2007 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Housing Discrimination History & Civil Business Politics

I can understand how some people are weary of having someone in Arab accent rent their apartment. I am not saying it is right, I am just saying that I understand why they would react that way.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: Housing Discrimination

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,