Prince Harry - Page 2 of 9

The Military's job is to fight, if - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Mar, 2008 - 8:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »
Prince Harry
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2008 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Prince Harry - Page 2

Prince Harry rejects 'hero' label

Prince Harry insists he is not a hero - and hails the bravery of his fellow soldiers after his early return from Afghanistan.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7273129.stm

Sponsored Links:
3rd Mar, 2008 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Harry Prince

Kntoran said:

I do believe that mahaps Geenie has a bit 'o crush?

I was never one to argue with the truth! wink.gif

Ah yes, Princess Diana would be so proud of Harry. Not only was he blessed with good looks but he also has the modesty to go with it! I hope this brief stint in the army would help him to mature quickly and hopefully keep him off from drugs and the alcohol. There was a time when I became very concerned, when it was reported that Prince Harry was caught on a few occasions smoking marijuana. I suspect that he was "the apple of Princess Diana's eye" and therefore, he took her sudden death very hard. I believe that up to this day, Prince Harry still has not accepted his mother's death. Maybe it is so difficult to him to mourn quietly and to put the past behind him, since the press is continuously obsessing over her!

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2008 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Prince Harry
A Friend

Prince Harry History & Civil Business Politics

Well I am one that was obsessed over her. She was a person who I admired for all she did. I can see why someone would be obsessed over her son. I think from the interview I saw him give that he has his head on pretty straight. I do believe he has grown up some from his time in Afganistan.

3rd Mar, 2008 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Harry Prince

I think it's extremely dissappointing that certain Australian and US magazines leaked the fact that Prince Harry was fighting in Afghanistan. It was a dispicable money making thing to do, and completely unfair on Haarry, Harry's comrades, the British Armed Forces, the British Media, and the British publc in general. The media blackout was there deliberately to ensure safety, and a certain few seem to think it is acceptable to put lives at risk in order to make money.

I hope that he is back on the front line soon where he wants to and ought to be, and maybe this time the oversees journalists will mind their own business and have respect for the wishes of the British government.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

4th Mar, 2008 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Harry Prince

Geenie, I don't know why you like these boys so much. laugh.gif Personally, I have nothing against them but geez, it is known they are pretty wild guy who not only smoke marjuana, they go to bars and even have a certain "taste" for certain type of women. I don't think is all made up by the Media. Having said, I agree with Ant about how the Media handled the whole issue of Harry in Afghanistan. Nevertheless, they are "public" people, if they don't like it, they can leave the father's throne empty anytime soon. *wink*

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

4th Mar, 2008 - 8:55am / Post ID: #

Prince Harry

I actually caught part of a interview with Harry on CNN recently after his removal from action. Honestly, he had his head screwed on more straight than I would have imagined for his status in life.

The one thing that he said that really kind of hit me was that he didn't want to go back and hang out at Windsor. It was at that moment I somewhat realized that while there are many benefits to being a prince...I can very much imagine after all the schooling is over that being a prince could quite possibly be really boring between social gatherings.

I am not suggesting that Harry go get a job at McDonalds in London, but it does seem that he misses the relationships you get from working with people and that in his current position that might be a bit hard to find.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Mar, 2008 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

Prince Harry - Page 2

LDS said:

Geenie, I don't know why you like these boys so much.  Personally, I have nothing against them but geez, it is known they are pretty wild guy who not only smoke marjuana, they go to bars and even have a certain "taste" for certain type of women. I don't think is all made up by the Media.

I felt very drawn to these boys because of the way their mother died so tragically. Or perhaps, it could be my maternal instincts kicking in? biggrin.gif I suspect that their father hardly pays attention to them and hence the reason why they turned out to be so "wild." Let's face it. Prince Charles is not exactly the perfect role model either. So can you blame Prince William and Prince Harry for being a bit on the wild side?

LDS said:
Nevertheless, they are "public" people, if they don't like it, they can leave the father's throne empty anytime soon. *wink*

They are public figures but they are also human beings too and they deserve to have privacy and some semblance of a normal life, just like everyone else. I believe that both boys hate being the fact that they are in line for their father's throne. There were several reports about Prince William not being willing to be groomed as the next king. I would not be the least bit surprised if Prince Harry felt the same way.

I don't think it is very simple for them to just walk away from the throne. Walking away means that they would have to start all over and not to mention, the humiliation, the scrutiny, the loneliness and having to adjust to an "ordinary life" may prove to be, too overwhelming for the young princes to withstand.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2008 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Prince Harry
A Friend

Prince Harry Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

The Military's job is to fight, if Harry demands respect, then he must earn it.
His uncle flew a helicopter in battle, he has the same linage to the throne now, so his credibility must be greater now he has chewed some dirt.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Prince Harry

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,