Santas Warned Ho Ho Ho Offensive To Women

Santas Warned Ho Ho Ho Offensive Women - Christmas - Posted: 16th Nov, 2007 - 6:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Ho Ho Ho Offensive
15th Nov, 2007 - 9:44am / Post ID: #

Sydney - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported on Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say ". . ." instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", an American slang term for a prostitute.

A local spokesperson for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

https://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&cl...42254236C483228

This is crazy! I don't think most kids even know that it is a reference-and it shouldn't be changed to HAHAHA in my opinion.

Sponsored Links:
15th Nov, 2007 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

Women Offensive Ho Ho Ho Warned Santas

I had to laugh when I read this article. I find the whole thing quite ridiculous. Only someone who has some sort of sick mentality would actually think the term "ho ho ho" could be in any way related to the slang term. spock.gif

15th Nov, 2007 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Santas Warned Ho Ho Ho Offensive To Women Christmas

I'm hoping this is a joke of some kind. Please, show me the satire! Santa does not say "hahaha" - - - ever! This is taking politically correct to new lows.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 15th Nov, 2007 - 1:57pm

15th Nov, 2007 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Yes, now children will just think Santa is drunk and laughing too much like Uncle Joey. As I said before, I am sure that the North Pole is putting out a appology to all those that it offended over the years with the use of HO and hope that not many children actually thought Santa was looking for companionship.

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2007 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I want to meet one of these women who say they are offended. I have a hard time believing that is serious. If I met one and she got upset, I might just purposefully be offensive. Of course, that wouldn't be hard cause all I would have to do is grab my belly tilt back and bellow HO HO HO!

16th Nov, 2007 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

I say that they should give Santa back his "Ho", but stipulate a maximum pause between utterances of the word. This would ensure that the "Ho" was properly delivered. So let's say that Santa sees a child and his mother and says to the 2..."Ho.......Ho..........HOOOO", this could offend the parental member of the audience. So anything longer than about 1 seconds might mean a whole different thing than what is intended. However, if Santa says "Ho, Ho, HOOOO", with less than 1 second between "Ho's", then the parental member of the audience can be rest assured that this is simply a greeting and not a slur against them.

Additionally, at no time should Santa EVER use the word NAPPY.

Rather off topic, but...
Also, a bit off topic, Santa should never ask children if they have been naughty or nice because it will make the naughty ones feel bad if they admit to naughtiness. This also includes descrimination against naughty children. Come to think of it, there really should be no joy on December 25th, because that might offend other religions. Hmmm...Santa really shouldn't be allowed to have reigndeer pull his sleigh, because that the speeds necessary to get around the globe in a night that is certainly animal cruelty. Ahhh...I digress....sorry!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Nov, 2007 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

Santas Warned Ho Ho Ho Offensive Women

I feel so sad when I read this article. Santa Claus is usually depicted in story books as a jolly old soul with red cheeks, beautiful eyes that twinkle whenever he laughed and a belly like jelly. If children tried to stay awake to catch a glimpse of him, Santa always found a way to quietly deliver toys and leave without being seen. Sometimes, kids would hear peals of laughter accompanied with sleigh bells ringing and they would rub their eyes and realise that Santa was here. His laughter was always described in books as "HO HO HO," which can be interpreted as Santa chuckling because the kids did not see him or his loving spirit attempting to spread joy all around the world. I cannot fathom why adults would remember the derogatory word used to describe women and apply it to a positive figure like Santa Claus. Very ironic that the word whore, has been abbreviated to "ho" and now, poor Santa is penalised for how perverted this society has become. I am very disappointed that adults are spoiling Christmas for the kids because of their warped and twisted minds.

16th Nov, 2007 - 6:49am / Post ID: #

Santas Warned Ho Ho Ho Offensive Women Christmas

I know, it is so ridiculous! Why don't people realize all they do is MAKE people think along those lines because of the power of suggestion. I will never here HO HO HO from Santa and not wonder what sane person would actually be offended by it---THANKS VERY MUCH! xmas.gif

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Santas Warned Ho Ho Ho Offensive To Women

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,