Catholic Exorcism

Catholic Exorcism - Studies of Catholicism - Posted: 8th Sep, 2008 - 3:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Rituale Romanum
Rituale Romanum
19th Nov, 2007 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Catholic Exorcism

Catholic Exorcism

The Rituale Romanum is supposed to be a guide to conduct and excute an Exorcism under Catholic rites, in other words... it is the guide of how to take demons out of someone:

The Roman Catholic Exorcism
Translated from the Rituale Romanum

First published in the reign of Paul V

The priest, robed in surplice and violet stole, one end of which is placed round the neck of the possessed person, bound if he is violent, sprinkles those present with holy water. Then the service begins.

1. The Litany.
      2. Psalm 54 ('Save me, O God, by Thy name').
      3. Adjuration imploring God's grace for the proposed exorcism against the 'wicked dragon' and a caution to the possessing spirit to 'tell me thy name, the day, and the hour of thy going out by some sign.'
      4. The Gospel (John I; and/or Mark XVI; Luke X; Luke XI).
      5. Preparatory Prayer.

Then the priest, protecting himself and the possessed by the sign of the cross, placing part of his stole round the neck and placing his right hand on the head of the possessed, resolutely and with great faith shall say what follows.

* 6. First Exorcism:

'I exorcise thee, most vile spirit, the very embodiment of our enemy, the entire specter, the whole legion, in the name of Jesus Christ, to "  get out and flee from this creature of God " " .

'He Himself commands thee, who has ordered those cast down from the heights of heaven to the depths of the earth. He commands thee, he who commanded the sea, the winds, and the tempests.

'Hear therefore and fear, O Satan, enemy of the faith, foe to the human race, producer of death, thief of life, destroyer of justice, root of evils, kindler of vices, seducer of men, betrayer of nations, inciter of envy, origin of avarice, cause of discord, procurer of sorrows. Why dost thou stand and resist, when thou knowest that Christ the Lord will destroy they strength? Fear him who was immolated in Isaac, sold in Joseph, slain in the lamb, crucified in man, and then was triumphant over hell.

(The signs of the cross "  should be made on the forehead of the possessed.)
Read more: angelfire.com/realm/shades/demons/bookdevilsanddemons/exorcromcath.htm

Catholic Exorcism
Catholic Exorcism (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
26th Feb, 2008 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

Exorcism Catholic

I was just watching the Early Show's report on the global rise in Exorcisms, and although they gave several theories on why it is growing in popularity I would like our Catholic Members to share their theory on this.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2008 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

Catholic Exorcism
A Friend

Catholic Exorcism Catholicism Studies

The Catholics have a lot of info on this subject. I spent a few days studying it and it blew my mind. I think I will leave it alone for the time being.

The reports go back hundreds of years and would take years and years of research to understand.

I wish I could live for 300 years or so. I would love to research this subject.

I have read some stuff from the middle ages and it is not for the faint of heart.

> TOPIC: Catholic Exorcism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,