Race: Black Mixed With East Indian

Race Black Mixed East Indian - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 9th Feb, 2009 - 9:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Best of  Race Black Mixed With East Indian
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2006 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

If someone is mixed in this way then which race are they? How do people refer to someone mixed in such a manner in your country? Are they treated better or worst socially because of the mix?

Race: Black Mixed With East Indian (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
20th Mar, 2007 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Indian East Mixed Black Race

Here in Trinidad they have a term for them called "Douglas", mostly their features are East Indian and their hair more African-looking although in some cases you cannot really tell they are mixed. I am not sure if they are treated better or worst socially but in a country that loves mixed people I am sure they are somehow "accepted" more although I am sure some won't because of the rivalry between Afro and Indo Trinidadians.

Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2008 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Race: Black Mixed With East Indian Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Name: Blindian

Comments: They are known as "Blindian".

Source: Urban dictionary

3rd Aug, 2008 - 5:39am / Post ID: #

I am not sure if there is a specific name used, I suppose it would vary in different regions of the country. I suppose mostly they would be referred to as bi-racial. Which race are they? Both I suppose. But then most people are mixed blood of some kind. As for how they are treated, that also would be a varied response. I know there are people in every country, of all races, that do not accept those who are different and who have disdain for those of mixed race. On the surface, socially, I am sure they would be treated just fine due to all the emphasis on political correctness. If there is bias and ill feelings I think it would be manifested in a more subtle manner. Most people I know and associate with would celebrate the diversity. Personally, I enjoy getting to know and associating with people with diverse heritages. I love learning of the different cultures and backgrounds. I make my judgments on a person's character and actions not the blood that runs through their veins.

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2008 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

Name: Azizah

Comments: Hi, I am "Blindian" but I don't look it. My skin is medium brown and I have black type hair. The only desi about me is my nose. I would say it depends. If you look more Indian, you are treated better by other Indians. If you look more black you are treated different. Indians and blacks tend to put each other on a scale of how light or dark their skin is (here, in America). So that also contributes. I usually don't tell anyone I'm blindian until I get into a conversation with a desi and they ask me how I know things about culture and words. Most don't believe it is possible since there are strict "invisible rules" about marriage. In some families your expected to stay inside of your race. I just want to let people know, it does happen and that they shouldn't be ignorant. I feel, my experience is that Yes, I am treated different. I am treated like I'm not Indian by some. But by my family and a few Indian friends, I am treated equal. A few desi people I've encountered refuse to accept me speaking Punjabi so if I'm on the phone with my mom or something and at school, I have to speak low or face taunts.

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2008 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Name: Kim

Comments: Well I am black and eastern Indian I recently discover my ancestry after a long misunderstanding of family told its "native" American not that that is bad its just finding others like myself is hard. I have a maternal grandfather who is Italian and Mohawk and then my paternal grandfather is eastern Indian where, I just know India. I have black in my family, but was raised bi-culturally. I want to meet others like myself for familiarly. I don't have a problem with any race its just I am not considered "black" enough because of my hair, nor am I "Indian" enough because I don't know the language but some times I get stares of curiosity but don't speak on it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2008 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Race Black Mixed East Indian

Name: Simran

Comments: I am also Blindian". I get treated pretty fairly from both sides, I have lovely brown skin and long beautiful hair, I cant say from who because both parents have nice hair and skin but I can say I am shaped like my black side.

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2009 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Race Black Mixed East Indian Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Name: Kim

Comments: WOW, I am impressed with some of the responses. I do however feel isolated a little because of my cultural diversity either its just uncommon to hear and none wants to get to know one another being black mixed with east Indian or I haven't got the first clue as to where to go to meet other blindians as I have just found out today?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Race: Black Mixed With East Indian

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,