Alaska Christmas

Alaska Christmas - Christmas - Posted: 6th Dec, 2007 - 7:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Alaska Christmas in Alaska
Post Date: 26th Nov, 2007 - 11:04am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Alaska Christmas

Santa shortage

For a city that shares the same area code with a place called North Pole and boasts a living, breathing reindeer among its downtown attractions, Anchorage has a ho-ho-ho factor that is surprisingly low-low-low.
Ref. https://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/9480174p-9391342c.html

Sponsored Links:
26th Nov, 2007 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Christmas Alaska

We have more than a shortage of Santa's this year--we have a shortage of SNOW as well. I cannot remember EVER putting up our Christmas tree and looking out the window to see DEAD GRASS! You would seriously think we just had break up and the ground is thawing!

In this article it pointed out that Santa's make $40-$60 an hour! Doing a corporate party they can make up to $500 an hour! A Santa that works 7 days a week throughout Thanksgiving to Christmas can earn $30,000! WOW! Of course, I wouldn't do it for less! Part of me thinks it would be fun, (Mrs. Santa, I mean) but the other part of me says, REALITY CHECK! You would meet kids and parents of all walks of life and some can be quite rude at this time of year. I think I will stick with my own 5!

26th Nov, 2007 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Alaska Christmas Christmas

I did read about that no snow phenomenon and I thought it was pretty weird. I wonder what all the global warming enthusiasts think about that?

As for jobs, looks like I need to be Santa in Alaska, I do not even make what they make in one hour for several days!

5th Dec, 2007 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

Christmas Alaska

Has anyone in Alaska ever tried looking for Santa around the North Pole.

5th Dec, 2007 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Christmas Alaska

Umm, you are not seriously asking that right? If you reach the North Pole you are only going to find a flag pole at the most and lots and lots of ice and snow.

6th Dec, 2007 - 7:23am / Post ID: #

Alaska Christmas

xmas.gif Actually.... If your speaking about the North Pole in Alaska that everybody knows, there is actually almost 1,700 people there and definitely a flag pole because there is a military base not far away.

Here is a fun website about the "theme" city of North Pole.
From--https://www.northpolealaska.com/Theme-City/Welcome.html

North Pole has the magic of Christmas in its name and the great Alaskan outdoors for its backyard.  The City has an incredible opportunity to be the destination for the interior, a beautiful small town set in the great Alaskan outdoors and home to Santa Claus.

Our community has long held the dream of spurring economic development by capitalizing on our city's name. Enhancing our themed environment will provide a destination for travelers, create local jobs, and catalyze a host of other economic activity.

When developed as a fully implemented theme city, we will enthusiastically say, "Santa has prepared a secret city, a romantic place, full of light and the magic of Christmas year-round. Come Visit North Pole, Alaska!"
Help create your city!

For info about the population and areas that are included in the North Pole, I found the following from Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Pole,_Alaska

North Pole is a city in Fairbanks North Star Borough, Alaska, United States. It is part of the 'Fairbanks, Alaska Metropolitan Statistical Area'. According to 2005 Census Bureau estimates, the population of the city is 1,778.[1] The name "North Pole" is often applied to the entire area bounded by Fort Wainwright, Two Rivers, Alaska, and the Chena River Flood Control Project.

Despite the name, the city is about 1,700 miles south of Earth's geographic North Pole.

The city is a summertime attraction for tourists visiting nearby Fairbanks, and traveling to and from the Alaska Highway and Valdez. Its biggest attraction is a gift shop named Santa Claus House with the world's largest fiberglass statue of Santa Claus outside.

Prior to Christmas each year, the USPS post office in North Pole receives hundreds of thousands of letters to Santa Claus, and thousands more from people wanting the town's postmark on their holiday greeting cards to their families. It advertises the ZIP code 99705 as the ZIP code of Santa. 
Rather off topic, but...
I was going to post this the other day--you can send an envelope with addressed, stamped cards inside (like 10 or whatever, in a big envelope) and then they will postmark them from the north pole.  It is a cute idea for littler kids especially.

Holiday-themed streets in North Pole include Santa Claus Lane, St. Nicholas Drive, Snowman Lane, and Kris Kringle Drive. Street lights in the city are decorated in a candy cane motif, and many local businesses have similar decorations. The city's firetrucks and ambulances are all red, while the police cars are all green.

I loved the firetruck/police car colors!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Alaska Christmas

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,