Beauty Pageant Turns Ugly

Beauty Pageant Turns Ugly - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2007 - 1:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Beauty pageant organizers were investigating Sunday who doused a contestant's evening gowns with pepper spray and spiked her makeup, causing her to break out in hives.
26th Nov, 2007 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

It seems like some Puerto Ricans are very jealous/envious of possible winners. I am surprised the police is not involved. I do not think it was a prank but purposely orchestrated to hurt this girl. What a bunch of losers whoever did this.

Beauty queen Ingrid Marie Rivera beat 29 rivals to become the island's 2008 Miss Universe contestant, despite applying makeup and wearing evening gowns that had been coated with pepper spray, pageant spokesman Harold Rosario said.

Rivera was composed while appearing before cameras and judges throughout the competition. But once backstage, she had to strip off her clothes and apply ice bags to her face and body, which swelled and broke out in hives twice.

"We thought at first it was an allergic reaction, or maybe nerves," Rosario said. "But the second time, we knew it couldn't have been a coincidence."

Rivera's clothing and makeup later tested positive for pepper spray.

Someone also stole Rivera's bag containing her gowns, makeup and credit cards. And a bomb threat forced pageant officials to postpone the last day of competition on Thursday, said Magali Febles, director of the Miss Puerto Rico Universe pageant.

Rivera, who won Miss World Caribbean in 2005, had been a target of controversy from the start of competition, as rivals complained she was too experienced and should be disqualified.

Local media touted her as the likely winner, stoking jealousy among contestants...

Sponsored Links:
26th Nov, 2007 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

Ugly Turns Pageant Beauty

There were some jealous femalees in that competition. Did I read that correct that she won the competition anyway?

26th Nov, 2007 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

Beauty Pageant Turns Ugly Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Yes, she did Clara, despite the fact that the poor woman backstage had to apply ice pads all over her body because of hives!

26th Nov, 2007 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

I know that they work hard to win, but it should never go this extreme of jealousy. I am also amazed and thrilled that she won anyway! I am sure her heart was sad when these things happened to her but to go on and win is so wonderful! She stated in the full article that she had even wavered about staying in. I loved her response.

But I said, 'I am with God and this is my goal, regardless of the results."'

The article also mentioned that there was controversy from the beginning because some felt she was too experienced and should be disqualified. Is this normal? I am not of the politics involved with modeling, but it seems if she spent the time and effort to go out for the contest then there could hardly be someone who is TOO experienced? How does it work exactly?

I am surprised the police is not involved. I do not think it was a prank but purposely orchestrated to hurt this girl.

I cannot agree more! I noticed the officials (beauty contest) said they were hoping to find out who did it by themselves, I hope they do. If not, I hope they will then bring in the police. This was not a coincidence and someone was hoping to put her out of the contest. I would just wonder how the person would of felt if she had won--knowing HOW she won? I don't think I could live with that personally--it would take the joy out of winning I would think. Just my opinion!

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2007 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

No pepper spray found in Puerto Rico pageant case

Police probing allegations that someone put pepper spray on a Puerto Rican beauty contestant's clothing said they would investigate whether anyone lied to them after tests found no traces of the substance on the woman's belongings.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/4307248a1860.html

3rd Dec, 2007 - 5:11am / Post ID: #

Wow...this is a very interesting turn of events. Now there is NO pepper spray found in the cosmetics or on the outfit! What doesnt make sense is why the false report following the win. Were they hoping this would be a springboard for the 2008 pageant? It is a awefully longtime away, so I doubt many will even remember this story by then. I mean if you were going to lie about it, why not actually put the pepper spray on the dress and in the cosmetics after the show?

I would have to guess that it wasn't pepper spray that was used and it was something else. I also find it interesting why they just checked for the one material and not a host of skin irritants. Seems they must have had information that this was the chemical that did it...

If I were going to try and get someone to fail the beauty contest, this would be a good way to do it. However, if it failed (as it did) and you wanted to humiliate her in some way (because you are obviously not exactly using all your faculties at that moment anyway), it would be smart to plant false information about what was used for the attack. Her team would say that it was pepper spray and the testing lab would say that there was no pepper spray. You didn't actually get her to lose the contest, but you did succeed in temporarily humiliating her....

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Dec, 2007 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

Now that's why they did not call the police right away, because there was nothing that could be found! rolleyes.gif

It seems like a publicity stunt to me.

> TOPIC: Beauty Pageant Turns Ugly

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,