Healthy Video Games?

Healthy Video Games - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 28th Jan, 2015 - 10:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2008 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Healthy Video Games?

Healthy video games?

Kids who play the latest physically challenging video games expend energy at levels that might help protect them from becoming overweight and boost their heart health at the same time, according to a new study.
Ref. Source 4

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Sep, 2008 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Healthy Video Games?
A Friend

Games Video Healthy

I am not buying into this. Granted some of the games cause them to be a little more active and some games can help them with their hand eye coordination. They still need to get off the games and get outside for real exercise. I think if you rig your game consol with a exercise bike that they have to pedal to keep the game running you can do more. smile.gif

9th Sep, 2008 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Healthy Video Games? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Children burn roughly four times as many calories per minute playing a physically active video game than playing a seated game and their heart rate is also much higher,

I agree klar here in lies the issue they compared sitting to actual movement how doe it stack up compared to real life bowling or a bike ride or a good game of tag? Very poorly is my guess.

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2008 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Healthy Video Games?
A Friend

Games Video Healthy

That is what makes me disagree with this study. They should have included the exercise kids get being outside playing. Sounds to me this study was paid for by the gaming industry to get people to think that their games can make kids feel good about themselves. I know there are some games out there that can be very beneficial to kids and help them in school. I still think that gaming should be limited and kicking kids out of the house for a few hours can be even better for them.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2014 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Games Video Healthy

How the conversation about video games is changing

What parents can do to help their kids play the right kinds of video games. Ref. Source 4

10th Nov, 2014 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Healthy Video Games?

So funny, so I can play video games all day and become healthy? My mom will have a hard time believing that!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Dec, 2014 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Healthy Video Games

How can video games be healthy? This could be some marketing strategy to just encourage parents to buy more video games for their children. I will never believe this to be true.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2015 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Healthy Video Games Computer Issues & Video Gaming

Why video games may help our kids learn empathy, connect with the world

We've been maligning video games for years. But what if the gaming industry offers our kids ways to grow? Ref. Source 1

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Healthy Video Games?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,