Eating Placenta To Combat Baby Blues

Eating Placenta Combat Baby Blues - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 14th Oct, 2017 - 3:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

They put it on lasagna, grated it on top of a pizza or they just make capsules out of it. Does it work or is purely psychological?
6th Dec, 2007 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

I am sorry people but there is no way I could eat my placenta, cooked or not, in the shape of a pill or not. I know it may sound hard but I would feel like a cannibal.

international QUOTE
In the first few days of her baby's life, Devorah Shalev was weepy. Then giddy. Then stressed. Then hungry. But mostly, overwhelmed - the 31-year-old mom from Las Vegas was hit hard with a case of the baby blues.

When she became pregnant with her second child, she looked for ways to stave off those sad feelings - and ended up doing something surprising. She ingested her placenta.

Placentophagy, as it's called, grabbed headlines this summer after a judge ordered a Las Vegas hospital to give a new mom her uterine lining, which the woman planned to dry, grind up and ingest. She, like Shalev, had heard that ingesting the placenta was a natural way to ward off the baby blues - those overwhelmed, weepy feelings that 80 percent of moms develop after giving birth....

.... Today, Google helpfully points the curious toward guides to preparing and eating the placenta. "Use your favorite lasagna recipe and substitute this (Placenta cocktail) for one layer of cheese," chirps one how-to Web site. Another suggests grinding it up as a pizza topping.

After giving birth to her first child, Selander was cursed with a tough bout of the baby blues. Searching for natural remedies to combat those sad feelings before she delivered her second child, Selander stumbled upon a way of eating placenta without actually eating it - instead, she popped a pill.

"Before, I"D only ever heard of eating it," Selander says. "Which, if a woman wants to do that, that's wonderful - but that was something I personally couldn't do."

Selander opted for a home birth with her second child, and after the delivery, her midwife placed the placenta in the refrigerator. In her own kitchen the next day, Selander used her food dehydrator to dry the placenta, baked it in her oven, ground it up and put it into capsules. There was enough of the stuff to create about 150 capsules, of which she took one a day for the next two to three weeks.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2007 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Blues Baby Combat Placenta Eating

Yeah, my wife is not going to eat the placenta. I can't think of a single way to get my wife to do that. Just not going to happen, its too gross.

6th Dec, 2007 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

Eating Placenta To Combat Baby Blues Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

After watching the placenta drop to the ground after my baby was born I'll second that notion! Mind you, they say it is supposed to be very nutritious. I guess we will have to ask Tomkat about that.

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2016 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

No iron benefit from eating placenta, study finds

The first clinical study of its kind finds no benefit for women who eat their placenta as a source of needed iron after giving birth. Ref. Source 9c.

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2017 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Dangerous trend: The placenta is not suitable as a 'superfood'. More and more women want to take their own placenta with them after childbirth in order to eat it for "Health reasons". This phenomenon is growing, especially in the USA, but also in Europe, although physicians are increasingly expressing concerns about it. Source 4k.

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2017 - 3:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I would not eat this either. It is something that I think most people would not eat. I feel that if you want to eat this go ahead but leave me out.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Eating Placenta To Combat Baby Blues

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,