Child Rescued 11 Years After Kidnapping

Child Rescued 11 Years Kidnapping - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Dec, 2007 - 9:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

8th Dec, 2007 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Child Rescued 11 Years After Kidnapping

I can only imagine the confusion and psychological scars this boy will have. Also for the mother. What a sad story.

PHOENIX -- A fugitive accused of kidnapping his girlfriend's child is in custody, 11 years after the kidnapping occurred, the FBI said.

Agents said Walter Mitchell, also known as Walter Dimiano or Walter Damiano, abducted his live-in girlfriend's 9-month-old child from their west Phoenix home near Thomas Road and 21st Drive on Aug. 31, 1996. Mitchell is not the child's father.

Phoenix police investigated the kidnapping, and a warrant was issued for Mitchell's arrest in April 1997. He was charged with custodial interference.

In July 1997, a federal warrant was issued for Mitchell's arrest, and the FBI began investigating the case.

On Thursday, more than 10 years after the arrest warrants were issued, the FBI said it located Mitchell and the child at Mitchell's parents' home near 51st Avenue and Union Hills Drive in Peoria.

Mitchell was arrested at his parents' home around 6 p.m. and transported to the Fourth Avenue Jail.

The child was placed in the custody of Child Protective Services.

Karen Peterson is a child psychologist at Phoenix Children's hospital. She said the emotional toll this could have on a 12-year-old boy is enormous...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
9th Dec, 2007 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Kidnapping Years Rescued Child

The consequences of this man's actions are really going to take a huge toll on this boy for many years to come!
I couldn't believe it when I read that the man wasn't even the boys biological Father!
How awful it must have been for the Mother for all these years that her Son has been missing.
I really hope things work out well for this boy and his Mother!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

> TOPIC: Child Rescued 11 Years After Kidnapping

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,