Ring Of Thieves - Page 5 of 14

Sorry JB the document that I have is locked - Page 5 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Jan, 2008 - 2:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (14) »
Closed
Share Book RPG
29th Dec, 2007 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Ring Of Thieves - Page 5

Tell her why we are there. Maybe there is one good person in this dump.

Sponsored Links:
29th Dec, 2007 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

Thieves Ring

The Dice Master says...

I will go along with telling her the truth. You know what they say, old blind ladies see a lot.

Rather off topic, but...
Sorry about the double post, was not meant to hurry you along, I removed it.

31st Dec, 2008 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

Ring Of Thieves Archive Pathfinder / D&D

You explain, without revealing to much of the details, that they have wronged you and that you seek to undo the wrong ~ peacefully if possible.

Myra thinks about it and nods. " I would very much like to see you succeed, then. Go to Iron Keel on Quayside Street - near the docks - and ask the barkeep to see William. The password ar the Lamp-Door is Bokoru. This will get you into their secret meeting place.

Your beam with joy. The den of Thieves!

"And." Myra says, tensely, "be prepared for anything."

you nod. patting the blade at your side, and thank her.

You wade your way through the crowd and brace your self for the cold winter air. But a voice stops you in your tracks!

"Halfling ...."

You whirl around hand on hilt of you sword.

No one is there, and a few of the patrons give you a disgusted look. The voice which was very loud seems to have gone completely unnoticed!

The back of your neck tingles with fear. Madness? Delusion? Sorcery?

Whenever put to the test you tend to blame the later first. But who would caste such a spell just to annoy you?

"Lucas ... "

The voice has returned. looking downwards you see that your pocket is shinning with a sickly, purple radiance, so bright that is shines through the cloth of your pocket!

Quickly covering the light with your hand you retreat to the safety of the shadows. The ring still glows, standing on its surface stands a tiny winged creature formed of the light. It stand staring, hands on hips, with impatient eyes.

"What are you ?" you demand in a whisper.

"I am Xim, the spirit that dwells within the ring." the creature says, bowing. "I am the most powerful of the ring-spirits and protector of who possesses the ring. I am the sworn foe of the red Djin" It finishes with another bow and a flourish of its tiny arm.

You stare at the miniature creature in wonderment. This no doubt, was why the grey suits were so keen on getting the ring back. Xim's eyes flare green for an instant . "Put me on your finger."

Knowing better then to deal so hastily with unknown sorceries. You shake your head. "It wouldn't be very smart to try and sneak around with a glowing fling on my finger." You point out.

The ring stops glowing. Xim grins.

"No" you say. "I can't trust you."

"Then I ," says the spirit Icily. "cannot protect you."

"I've done fine so far"

"I know of your goals." Xim says, smiling peacefully. "I know about Patricia ... I know about your feeling for her."

You count softly to three. "Patricia and I are partners, and the very best of friends. That, I can assure you, is all."

Xim nods knowingly " I can change that, lucas. You know you want me to."

You shave the ring back into your pocket, disgusted, and the light blinks out. What a foul manipulative little creature!

You reflect on this revelation. The Grey-suited thieves are apparently dealing with black magic .. a chill runs down your spine that has nothing to do with the cold air or shadows of the alley. The ring is a servant of some kind, but what of the red Djinn that it had mentioned? You pull the trinket out again from your pocket, but the glow is gone and no spirit manifests itself. Your return it to your pocket and examine your options.

Your primary lead is "Grymray" - the alchemist who made the knock out gas.(25) However, you received the tip on the bar down by the docks from the blind lady (3). which will you chose?

Nice choice here jump in to the snake pit of thieves or go see if their local drug dealer will squeal on then.

Rather off topic, but...
It is ok JB I was just being a bit of a smart alec. biggrin.gif

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 31st Dec, 2008 - 7:10pm

31st Dec, 2008 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Thieves Ring

We got the info already so we can always go by the docks when we are ready. Lets check the potion maker and see if he has an elixir.

1st Jan, 2008 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Thieves Ring

The Dice Master says...

I agree with Hunter, if we check out the alchemist then we may obtain something we need for the next part of this scenario.

Rather off topic, but...
Not sure what you mean Krakyn. I was also thinking, if this adventure comes with pictures feel free to upload them.

2nd Jan, 2008 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Ring Of Thieves

Sorry I did not participate before. Given what I have read thus far maybe the tip of the blind woman was to help us avoid the alchemist, so let us go straight to the docks.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jan, 2008 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Ring Thieves - Page 5

I have the feeling the blind lady knows what she is talking about, let's try her tip.

3rd Jan, 2008 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Ring Thieves D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 5

Sorry JB the document that I have is locked tight and I can not copy any thing from it I just have permission to reproduce what written materials required IE retype as we go. Perhaps I can find some free graphics to kick in though.

We have a tie here folks can any one help us out? Do we go see our local Alchemist or straight to the Docks and the bar with the secret back room? How about it all you nice visitors where do we send our kind little halfling?

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 3rd Jan, 2008 - 2:11pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Ring Of Thieves

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.