India's Legal Abortions

India' S Legal Abortions - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th Jun, 2017 - 1:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Kill 80,000 Women
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2007 - 10:54am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

India's Legal Abortions

India's Legal Abortions Kill 80,000 Women Annually, Local Expert Says

New Delhi, India (LifeNews.com) -- A medical expert in India says an estimated 80,000 women die from legal abortions there on an annual basis. The figures provide further evidence that abortion does not became safer if legalized, as unlicensed and unregulated abortion practitioners pose as much of a threat to women's health as illegal abortions. Dr. Hema Divakar, the chair of the Federation of Obsteric and Gynecological Societies in India discussed the abortion deaths in an interview. She told the PTI news service that a majority of the abortions done in India involve untrained abortion practitioners. Divakar said the answer to the problem of women dying from abortions is to promote the morning after pill. She cited figures showing 78 percent of pregnancies in India are unplanned and said women would not resort to abortion if they used the pill and didn't become pregnant. However, previous reports show that abortion numbers in Scotland rose after an aggressive effort to promote the morning after pill there. The Scotland government reported 13,081 abortions in 2006, up from 12,603 the previous year -- an increase of nearly 3.8 percent.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/int573.html

Sponsored Links:
23rd Dec, 2007 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Abortions Legal Indias

I wasn't aware that abortion in India was legal. The article states that these figures prove that legal abortion does not become safer just because it is legal. I am not sure about that. First of all, let me say I am against abortion in most cases BUT can we take seriously these numbers in a country with such low quality of life and health as India?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2015 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

India's Legal Abortions History & Civil Business Politics

34 Women Have Died From Abortions in the Last Three Years in India

According to an information report from Bangalore Medical College (BMC), 34 women have died from abortions in India in the last three years. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 17th May, 2017 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

Abortions Legal Indias

Doctors Determine Raped 10-Year-Old Girl Can Abort Her 20-Week-Old Baby. A panel of doctors in India said this week that a 10-year-old rape victim should be allowed to abort her late-term unborn baby. Ref. Source 7u.

17th May, 2017 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

Abortions Legal Indias

10 years old? What kind of sick you know what gets a 10 year old pregnant. I don't think any child this age should be going though a full term pregnancy.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2017 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

India's Legal Abortions

Court Protects 26-Week-Old Unborn Baby Conceived in Rape From Being Killed in Abortion. A high court in India protected a late-term unborn baby from abortion Wednesday when it refused to give a pregnant rape victim permission to abort her viable unborn child. Source 3d.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Jun, 2017 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

India's Legal Abortions

So this child when it comes to term will be completely unwanted and resented for the rest of its life. Tell me this is fair to anyone? The woman gets raped and is continued to be reminded of this. Even if she puts the child up for adoption, she has still the knowledge of this. Also when the child finds out where it comes from, this will be a very confronting conversation if not handled right and who can promise it will be handled right? Even with great intentions…

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

> TOPIC: India's Legal Abortions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,