Us Town Escapes 666 Phone Prefix

Us Town Escapes 666 Phone Prefix - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 30th Dec, 2007 - 2:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th Dec, 2007 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

You know, I wouldn't want this prefix either!

The reference to 666 is taken from the Biblical book of Revelation

A town in the US state of Louisiana is to be allowed to change its telephone prefix so that residents can avoid a number many associate with the Devil.
Christian residents of Reeves have been complaining since the early 1960s about being given the prefix, 666 - known in the Bible as the "number of the beast".

For the next three months, households will able to change the first three digits of their phone numbers to 749.

Mayor Scott Walker said CenturyTel's decision was "divine intervention".

However, he admitted it helped that Louisiana's two senators had also lobbied for the change with the phone company and the state Public Service Commission.

'Number of the beast'

The reference to 666 is taken from the Biblical book of Revelation, which talks about the events leading to the end of the world.

The Book of Revelation has fascinated Christians for centuries

Revelation 13:18 states: "If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Dec, 2007 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Prefix Phone Escapes Town Us

Mayor Scott Walker said CenturyTel's decision was "divine intervention".

Mmmmmmmmm?? undecided.gif

However, he admitted it helped that Louisiana's two senators had also lobbied for the change with the phone company and the state Public Service Commission.

Ahhh....that makes more sense.

I'm always amused by comments like this. "I was in a car crash and God saved my life!" ....Well what about the team of fire fighters who cut you out of the car, the paramedics who resuscitated you, the doctors and the nurses who healed your broken bones and pumped blood transfusions into your veins eh? A little credit please...

Well perhaps I'm being a little harsh but for goodness sake its just a number. Surely we can worry about more important things?

30th Dec, 2007 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

Us Town Escapes 666 Phone Prefix Beliefs Religious General

I get the religious myths about it, but I think it is silly to worry over the actual numbers. There are plenty products that we use everyday that has 666 on it.

> TOPIC: Us Town Escapes 666 Phone Prefix

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,