Woman Shot To Death In Lds Church Parking Lot

Woman Shot Death Lds Church Parking Lot - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th Jan, 2009 - 7:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Lehi, Utah
6th Jan, 2008 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

This is such a terrible tragedy. Today was this woman's birthday and her own husband is accused of killing her. She had a restraining order against him and he shot her while there was people in the parking lot. Insane!

KSL News) - A woman was shot to death in the parking lot of an LDS church building in Lehi late this morning.

The shooting happened at 1700 E. and 900 North in Lehi around 11am.

Police began a wide scale search for the gunman near the church and a nearby neighborhood. A suspect later turned himself into Lehi police about an hour later.

Lehi Police believe the motive for the shooting involves a domestic dispute between a husband and his wife.

Police have not identified the victim or the suspect while they contact relatives, but Eyewitness News has learned the woman was 30 years old and today was her birthday. The suspect is her husband. Court records show the victim sought a protective order against her husband a month ago.

Church services were underway at the time of the shooting and were cancelled. The parking lot of the church building was a crime scene and several cars belonging to church members were wrapped in yellow tape, forcing them to walk or get a ride home while police investigated the homicide.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jan, 2008 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lot Parking Church Lds Death Shot Woman

I think that is sad--especially when there are so many people, and all the children! And I don't know about where everyone else lives but when I visited Utah this summer there were a ton of people in their wards!

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2008 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Woman Shot To Death In Lds Church Parking Lot Studies Doctrine Mormon

Woman is slain; husband arrested

"As soon as I heard that she had been shot, I couldn't help but think he's done something horrible, because of comments she's made about being unhappy," said neighbor Carolee Courter, 32, who's also going through a divorce. Courter said she and Kristy Ragsdale would talk about and confide in each other about their divorces.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695242028,00.html

7th Jan, 2008 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

Signs of the last days. You try to do the right thing by going to church and end up dead. Too bad for the children.

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ragsdale sentenced to life in prison with possibility of parole

PROVO - The man who fatally shot his wife in an LDS parking lot has been sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole. David Ragsdale, 36, cried as he offered an apology in 4th District Court Friday morning. "I'd like to express deep remorse and sorrow for the terrible act I've committed," Ragsdale said, his voice breaking. "There's no way I can apologize in a manner that can be satisfactory for those that have been affected." Ref. Source 9

> TOPIC: Woman Shot To Death In Lds Church Parking Lot

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,