Mormons & Guns - Page 5 of 7

Name: Bolak Comments: Then probably the whole - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 20th Feb, 2010 - 7:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Mormons & Guns
22nd Jan, 2010 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Mormons & Guns - Page 5

Well now you are mentioning the spirit and then yes I have to agree to follow whatever it dictates you know what am I saying?But the way you wrote it before sounded like well, the church said no and I ain't doing it you know.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2010 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

Mormons & Guns
A Friend

Guns and Mormons

OK, I am all for carrying concealed weapons and I think a lot more people should. There is nothing scary or bad about guns. Guns are great, I love them. And if someone were to harm my family I wouldn't hesitate for even a second to put a round right between their eyes. Of course, the situation would dictate justifiability. Shout, Show, Shove, Shoot (center mass). In Iraq and Afghanistan, when I actually had opportunity, all of our weapons went right into church with us; out in the open; full magazine and one in the chamber. Of course, my situation was an extreme, nonetheless, my spirituality was not affected by my being armed whilst worshipping. The whole point here is that the presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, who are the overseers of all of God's earthly matters concerning the church; including rules and regulations to be impose upon and followed by church-goers (members and non-members), along with any other visitors, minus law enforcement and military bearing a legal right to carry firearms in almost every single nook and cranny of their jurisdictions, have clearly stated that it is a crime to enter any of their houses of worship (private property) with a firearm. Therefore, if you chose to do so, you are not only committing a crime punishable by law, but you are transgressing as well. You are even disrespecting God's house, since the caretakers of his house have asked you not to carry firearms inside the building. It's not that hard to leave it in the car. If something bad should happen, so be it, but it is very unlikely. And who knows, you might be able to get your gun in time to save the day. If someone were shooting up the place, I'm sure no one is going to complain that you ran out to your car to grab your gun and brought it inside. If you don't like the rule, then take it up with Thomas S. Monson. As of January 16, 2004, the topic is no longer up for debate.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2010 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

Mormons & Guns Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Craig

Comments: I think guns are not safe and shouldn't be allowed in church. It's God's house, for goodness sakes. He will protect us if someone comes shooting.

17th Feb, 2010 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Guns and Mormons

Guns in church, should this even be a thought? The wild wild west ended decades ago folks. If we're worried about someone hurting us in church then why even go? Better just stay home and sleep or visit the doctor for medication to prevent unnecessary worry. Someone is more likely to hit you over the head while your strolling through the park.

19th Feb, 2010 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Guns and Mormons

I am an advocate for the right to keep and bear arms and am planning to get my CCW next month when finances allow. That being said, I would not carry my weapon in church, too many of my friends that I attend church with would be highly uncomfortable knowing that there are weapons in church. Not very conducive to the spirit. So, just out of respect for my friends I would leave my weapon at home. Also, I don't think that the church should allow the right to carry in the meeting houses in order to help maintain a comfortable atmosphere for all members.

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2010 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

Mormons & Guns

Name: Bolack

Comments: Is this about guns in particular or just weapons in general? What about carrying a switch blade or even someone who is a martial arts expert is a weapon, they're lethal all on their own. A hymn book could be a weapon if someone knows what they're doing. I guess my point is, don't hate the gun, its just a tool.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Feb, 2010 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

Mormons & Guns - Page 5

Joe: My understanding is that this is a topic just focusing on guns. I think that firearms scare people because of the potential to harm from a distance. You are correct that many different items can be used as weapons, but no item seems to strike fear in people more than firearms. That is why we see topics such as this one focusing on guns only.

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2010 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Mormons & Guns Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

Name: Bolak

Comments: Then probably the whole issue is that most people, especially members in the church are afraid of guns more than they are about having them there as an assurance of safety.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Mormons & Guns

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,