The Afghan Girl

The Afghan Girl - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 13th Jan, 2009 - 6:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

8th Jan, 2008 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

The Afghan Girl

The Afghan Girl

Do you know the story of the photograph of 'The Afghan Girl'? A photographer in Afghanistan took a picture os a girl with tremendous eyes, she was a refugee. The picture later became one of the most famous in the world. Read the story of ho he found the girl again (now a woman with three children):

How They Found National Geographic's "Afghan Girl"

She was one of the world's most famous faces, yet no one knew who she was. Her image appeared on the front of magazines and books, posters, lapel pins, and even rugs, but she didn't know it. Now, after searching for 17 years, National Geographic has once again found the Afghan girl with the haunting green eyes.
Ref. https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...12_sharbat.html

The Afghan Girl
The Afghan Girl (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
8th Nov, 2008 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Girl Afghan The

That is an amazing story. Such a photographer is really dedicated and what risk he went to get the second photo too. She does have amazing eyes but the rest of her face shows a lot of hardship.

8th Nov, 2008 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

The Afghan Girl Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I have seen the original picture a couple of times. One of the times, it was hung on a wall somewhere..not sure where, but I remember her captivating picture and those haunting eyes, and recognized it the minute I clicked on this post.

The photographer did well not only on the first picture, but following it through to capture thee second one years later.

13th Jan, 2009 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

Girl Afghan The

Its sad, the conditions these women live under. You should have seen where she was living when they found her. In another country maybe she would have been a movie star or model, but in Afghanistan she was in the mountains in a cave like situation.

> TOPIC: The Afghan Girl

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,