Baby Girl Awakens One Day After Declared Stillborn

Baby Girl Awakens Day Declared Stillborn - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 29th Jun, 2008 - 6:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th Jun, 2008 - 8:29am / Post ID: #

Can you even imagine? The emotions this poor mother must of gone through. First, because of medications from complications--she delivers a still born child, then the next day, on the way to bury that child finds she is still living! I don't even want to think of the fact they could of buried her alive in a coffin! I hope that mom and baby recover well.

A baby girl born in Mumbai, India, on Monday was diagnosed stillborn but astonished her family by gurgling as they took her to the cemetery the next day, BBC News reported.

Hospital authorities ordered an inquiry to determine if the medical staff acted negligently in its diagnosis.

The baby girl was delivered during a complicated labor at seven months gestation, the report said.

The child's 30-year-old mother suffered life-threatening convulsions and high blood pressure over the weekend and was prescribed "powerful medicines" for the conditions. She later delivered the baby, who was "limp" at birth, prompting hospital staff to declare her stillborn.

The baby's condition is believed to have resulted from the medications taken by the mother and she likely awoke once the medicine wore off, Suleiman Merchant, acting dean of Sion Hospital, where the child was delivered, told BBC.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2008 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stillborn Declared Day Awakens Girl Baby

I would be one to possibly sue the hospital for not doing a proper exam of the new born. Knowing what drugs they give the mother goes to the infant as well should have prompted them to exam the child first. The fact they did not and said it was still born because of the limpness was wrong. I think I would find a new doctor and hospital.

29th Jun, 2008 - 6:16am / Post ID: #

Baby Girl Awakens One Day After Declared Stillborn Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I agree with you 100%!

They should of been checking out the baby because of the medications--I wonder if, because it was in India, their health care is not as thorough--still no excuse, but you wonder how that could happen these days.

29th Jun, 2008 - 6:57am / Post ID: #

Stillborn Declared Day Awakens Girl Baby

It doesn't say what the baby's current condition is. I would be curious to know. Are there going to be any lasting effects of this experience? That is a long time for a newborn to go without any care.

> TOPIC: Baby Girl Awakens One Day After Declared Stillborn

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,