Paul Salandy Kidnapped Victim

Paul Salandy Kidnapped Victim - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 12th Jan, 2008 - 2:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Kidnapped Victim 2008
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2008 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Paul Salandy

Within this Thread you may Discuss this case if you wish:

January 10th, 2008

The Anti-Kidnapping Squad launched a manhunt last night to find the missing businessman, who has dual citizenship with Trinidad and Venezuela, his relatives grappled with a $300,000 or a half-kilo-of-cocaine ransom demand that came while both police and reporters were on the crime scene.

The kidnappers called Salandy's Sayfour travel agency at around 2 p.m. And made the demand in exchange for his life and the life of a woman named Sasha from St James.

Antonia, the company's secretary who received the call from the kidnappers, then called a close relative on her cellphone to relay the information, but nobody knew who Sasha was. However, the kidnappers gave a 5 p.m deadline for payment.

Ref: https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ws?id=161262320

Sponsored Links:
11th Jan, 2008 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Victim Kidnapped Salandy Paul

It was reported on TV6 news that the body of Paul Salandy was found yesterday afternoon, just hours after he was kidnapped but only today his common in law wife recognized the body. What a terrible ending.

12th Jan, 2008 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Paul Salandy Kidnapped Victim Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

This used to be my client, he wanted a web site as he was planning to expand his business. I met with him just before Christmas and he was very excited about it, now I do not know where his business will go or what will happen with his grieving family as I am sure they must be terribly shaken now.

12th Jan, 2008 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

According to an Express source, Salandy was deported to Trinidad two years ago after spending time in jail in Europe for drug trafficking.

THE body found along the Guanapo Road, Arima, was yesterday identified as kidnap victim Paul Salandy.

Salandy's body was found on Thursday at around 11 a.m, three hours before his relatives received a $300,000 or a half-kilo-of-cocaine ransom demand for his safe return.

Officers from the Arima CID went to the half-mile mark along the Guanapo Road after they received a tip-off. There, they discovered the body of a man with gunshot wounds to his head and chest.

An alarm was only raised about Salandy's mysterious disappearance after one of his employees, Hamid Lalla, 42, was attacked by three men while entering Salandy's Ocean Avenue, Cocorite, home at around 1 a.m on Thursday.

Lalla was struck in the head by what he believes was a gun butt, and his throat almost slit in the ambush. He was discharged from hospital af ter receiving more than 100 stitches to his neck injury. The attack on Lalla is what raised the alarm of Salandy's disappearance.

A close family relative told the Express on Thursday she believed a financial transaction gone awry between a group of Venezuelan citizens and Salandy's Sayfour travel agency, was the cause of Salandy's disappearance. Salandy, 59, had Trinidad and Venezuela dual citizenship.

When contacted yesterday, the relative, who requested anonymity, said she still believed his death was connected to that dispute, because both Salandy and herself received threatening phone calls from the group.

However, police were also working on the theory that Salandy's disappearance was as a result of a drug deal gone wrong. Sources said yesterday that Salandy was deported two years ago, after serving a term in an English jail for drug trafficking.

The relative, who also has dual citizenship with the two countries, was the one who had to identify Salandy's body at the Forensic Science Centre in St James at around noon yesterday. The body was reportedly attired in a blue denim jeans and a grey coloured jersey....

12th Jan, 2008 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

A close family relative told the Express on Thursday she believed a financial transaction gone awry between a group of Venezuelan citizens and Salandy's Sayfour travel agency, was the cause of Salandy's disappearance. Salandy, 59, had Trinidad and Venezuela dual citizenship.

What kind of financial transaction could so bad that it was worth this kind of violence? Sounds like they need to cough up the truth. JB did you actually put up the web site for them? Maybe he was going to use that for more than travel if you get what I mean.

12th Jan, 2008 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (IndianChick)
JB did you actually put up the web site for them?

No, he never gave me all the required information, and with all this commess I doubt whomever has to take over Sayfour's Travel will be pursuing it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jan, 2008 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

It seems like Mr. Salandy was known as a major player in the international drug world. A few facts:

1. In 1990, Salandy was arrested in Westmoorings by members of the Narcotic Squad. They seized a kilo of cocaine valued $500,000, $180,000 in cash and a motorcar. He was charged for the offence and the matter, after 18 years is still pending in the Port-of-Spain Magistrates" Court.

2. According to the police, he was also involved in major drug trafficking from Colombia and Venezuela to North America and Europe.

3. In one of his trips in 2000 he was arrested in France for being in possession of a quantity of cocaine. Salandy was subsequently charged with the offence and sentenced to four years imprisonment. Upon his release, was deported to Trinidad (I edited my initial post that said he was in jail in Venezuela, but it was in France) and up until his death was the focus of attention of law enforcement officers both locally and in the United States of America.

https://newsday.co.tt/news/0,71289.html

12th Jan, 2008 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Paul Salandy Kidnapped Victim Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

That is surprising, he has quite a record. You just do not know who you interact or do business with these days. I am reminded here... 'live by the sword and die by the sword'. Drugs is really the cause of so much destabilization in the world. It causes some to get ultra rich fast and others to die either from the drug or drug involvement as Paul Salandy did.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Paul Salandy Kidnapped Victim

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,