Pregnancy Cravings

Pregnancy Cravings - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 17th Oct, 2007 - 7:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
16th Oct, 2007 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Pregnancy Cravings

Pregnancy Cravings

Recently, I was thinking about the nutritional value of the foods craved by my wife at certain times. For instance today she had a crave for candy canes. The only thing I can think that are good in those things is the peppermint oil. Do you think Pregnancy Cravings are related to a psychological need or an actual physical need the body has?

Sponsored Links:
16th Oct, 2007 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Cravings Pregnancy

Definitely a physical need for the body, in my opinion.
I say this, because I had a severe craving for potatoes, but couldn't satisfy the craving. I tried potato in all ways possible one day trying to stop the craving, I was like a woman possessed laugh.gif, I tried baked, boiled, chips, roasted, and around 5 different types, the craving only got satisfied when it got to some small Egyptian potatoes that I ate boiled but still with skins on and that did the trick!

On the other hand, I know somebody who told me they had a craving for McDonalds of every type, I wasn't buying that, I could go with them saying they had a craving for a burger, but come on.. the whole McDonald menu? I could be wrong, but I think someone honed in on an excuse to put it down to a craving.

17th Oct, 2007 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Pregnancy Cravings Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

You gave me a chuckle there, yes some of it is an excuse to binge as in the WHOLE Mc Donald's menu which is really ridiculous. In your case do you feel the potatoes gave you something you laced - starch, carbohydrates?

LDS_forever currently craves candy canes and olives? What a combo!

17th Oct, 2007 - 8:30am / Post ID: #

Cravings Pregnancy

I'm not sure what it was that was lacking, maybe it was carbohydrates, but I can tell you that I've never eaten so many potatoes before or after that time, in one day! laugh.gif

Now candy canes and olives...that's a perplexing one, do you mean at the same time?

I couldn't even hazard a guess as to what the baby is requiring there! I have noticed a few times though, that whatever the Mother is craving, it normally turns out to be on that childs favorite food lists as they grow up, lets hope your little one won't require them together *laughs*
I'd be alright with the candy canes, but if I'd ever had a craving for olives, I'd be really stuck as I cannot stand the taste of them!

17th Oct, 2007 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Cravings Pregnancy

I think in LDS_forever's case it is a heightened craving for all the things she likes. Right now she seems to be on a hunt for all things Mexican and Argentinian (mostly the meat, which of course we cannot get here). I do not think she will take the candy and olives together, but if she does I will not be surprised.

17th Oct, 2007 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Pregnancy Cravings

No, olives and candy canes separately! laugh.gif

I notice I am not very fond of chicken but I feel for tacos all the time as well as nice green salads.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Oct, 2007 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Pregnancy Cravings

You're not going to go far wrong with chicken, tacos and salad, at least it's all quite healthy!
Glad to hear your not eating the peppermint sticks with the olives...but just had to check! laugh.gif

17th Oct, 2007 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Pregnancy Cravings Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

No, I meant I do not feel for chicken. Actually besides tacos, I do not feel for meats really. The candy canes I like are not mints but with different flavors such as strawberry, watermelon, banana...YUMMY! JB get those quick please!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pregnancy Cravings

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,