Daimler Smart Car

Daimler Smart Car - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 10th Jan, 2008 - 4:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Daimler Smart Car
Will you buy one?
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2007 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Daimler Smart Car

Daimler Smart Car

German automaker Daimler promised in 2004 to get its minuscule Smart car into U.S. showrooms in 2005, and has been hemming and hawing ever since about whether it would offer the half-a-parking-space-size Smart in America.

Smart dealers are signed up in 50 cities and will open in time for the early January introduction of the tiny Smart two-seater.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/review..._N.htm?csp=Cars

Daimler Smart Car
Daimler Smart Car (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
2nd Dec, 2007 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Car Smart Daimler

Living in Asia, I see these quite a bit and there is a dealer not to far away from my apartment. The cars are definitely SMALL! Living in a place where there is very little parking, these cars would come in handy. They are not cheap however, so I think that is why their numbers aren't that common on the road. However, the owners do seem happy with them. However, if I had the money to buy one of these, I would probably just go buy a Mini Cooper that is a bit longer, but still satisfies the small requirement in the city.

2nd Dec, 2007 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

Daimler Smart Car Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

My biggest concern with these would be accidents. Imagine being hit from behind by a bigger car or truck - the damage will be magnified due to the lack of space between you and the actual physical contact of the crash.

2nd Dec, 2007 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

Car Smart Daimler

That is the good part about owning them in a crowded city. The speeds here rarely get above about 45mph, so it is more safe. We have tons of scooter drivers here and they are the ones that get into most accidents. I have seen scooters that are built for a driver and a passenger but have the whole family of 5 on them! The smart car is also a moving air bag, if you will. When I looked at one, they had side front driver and passenger airbags. I imagined if you got hit the car would basically turn into a egg carton.

3rd Dec, 2007 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Car Smart Daimler

You may as well get on a motorbike and feel the wind blowing through your legs rather than cramp your style in one of these.

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2008 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Daimler Smart Car

Driving Smart

Dieter Zetsche, known as Dr. Z in the car commercials, is chairman of DaimlerChrysler, maker of high-end luxury Mercedes-Benz cars. Now the company is bringing a new relative to the United States. It's 9 feet long, has three cylinders and fits only two people -- it's the Smart Car. It can do everything a "grownup car" can do, says Dr. Z. And on top of that, it helps the environment, saves fuel and reduces congestion in cities. But will a micro car make it in America -- the land of SUVs?
Ref. ABC Nightline

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jan, 2008 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Daimler Smart Car

These are great little cars. My Great Uncle bought one when they first came out over here a few years ago, it was his pride and joy!
Sadly he passed on, and nobody in the family had a need for the little car as it only has 2 seats, so it was put up for sale and was snapped up the same day!
Apparently they are very popular here due to being not only very economical on fuel, but also they are in the cheapest bracket of insurance too, so would make a great little car for a single person or a couple without children!

10th Jan, 2008 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

Daimler Smart Car Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Sorry folks I do not see this as an energy miser at any rate. I have a 6 cylinder Luminia 1996 with the 4 speed(very important as the three speed is very hungry due to high revs on the motor) and I manage 43 MPG so given my gallon is 4.5 liter and yanks are 4 that works out to 38 MPG in the south. So why give up 4 SITTING positions and a SAFER VEHICLE. Personally I want to save on the fuel I will go VW Jetta and get 57MPG.

I will not mention my gas sucking Dakota as it is very disappointing in the fuel department. 23 MPG American.

Again I think we are seeing the brainwashing by the car manufactures and governments at work here.

*pushes away all the smoke and mirrors*

For congestion issue perhaps or in places that have small streets be ideal but like RedSonja said get a motorbike.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 10th Jan, 2008 - 4:35pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Daimler Smart Car

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,