The Prosperity Gospel

The Prosperity Gospel - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 25th Jan, 2008 - 2:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

God Does Not Want His People Poor?
Post Date: 18th Jan, 2008 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Prosperity Gospel

The 'Prosperity Gospel'

One billion households a day tune in to watch the Georgia-based televangelist Creflo A. Dollar preach. His sermons include a controversial message -- God does not want people to be poor. Some Christians believe his interpretation inverts the Gospel. But Dollar practices what he preaches, owning an Atlanta mansion and multimillion-dollar Manhattan condo, and traveling in the church-owned private jet, and until recently, its Rolls Royce. Now, Dollar's ministry is one of six televangelist ministries that is part of a Senate-led investigation. Are tax-free donations helping to fund their leaders' lavish lifestyles?
Ref. ABC Nightline

Sponsored Links:
19th Jan, 2008 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

Gospel Prosperity The

I don't like the style of tele-evangelists. I'm not saying that they're all bad, but they're not really doing outreach work to the poor or the needy, or the average guy on the street.
Too much money is exchanged hands, as seems to be the scenario in this case, whereas true evangelism wouldn't involve any exchange of money!
Just my personal observation...

25th Jan, 2008 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

The Prosperity Gospel Revealed Bible The

There are many in the bible that were blessed with riches during the times before Christ. After Christ I do not recall anyone being blessed with riches, most were persecuted or put to death. I do not feel Jesus wants us to be rich but to have enough to provide for our families. When we are rich it is an added temptation to become part of the demon's crew.

> TOPIC: The Prosperity Gospel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,