Oma Pantke's Gruen Bohnen Eintopf Granny Pan

Oma Pantke' S Gruen Bohnen Eintopf Granny - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 2nd Feb, 2007 - 1:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Archived Recipe: Beans And Grains
Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2007 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Recipe name:

Recipe Type Recipe category:
Beans And Grains

What are your thoughts about this delightful dish?

Recipe Ingredients Recipe detials: Oma Pantke's Gruen Bohnen-Eintopf (Granny Pan
Beans and Grains

1 lb stew meat

4 cn French green beans

3 lb potatoes

1 ts salt

1 beef bouillon cubes --

: optional : summer savory : salt : ground black pepper : some vinegar to season -- : optional Drain beans and use the liquid to boil the meat for about 2 hours at low heat. Add about 1-2 teaspoon of salt (to taste!). You get a better stock when you put the meat in the cold liquid, heat to boil and then continue cooking slowly. Peel potatoes and boil until done. You needn't add salt because the beef broth will be salty enough. Reserve the water as well; you may need it to add to the stew when it turns out to thick. Take the meat out of the broth after two hours and cut it apart. You should add the lean parts to the stew. Now add the drained beans. Mash the potatoes and add them as well. When you are lazy you might use instant potato puree, but that's not quite as good as the real thing. Heat the stew while stirring well. If you consider it too thick add a bit of the reserved potato water. (BTW, the right consistency *is* rather thick!) Season to taste with savory, pepper and salt. Optionally you can add a cube of beef stock, although that isn't really necessary (my Mom does, my Granny doesn't...). I like to season the bean stew with vinegar, but this is also a matter of taste. Just try and experiment a bit! Recipe By : stayka@unidui.uni-duisburg.de (Micaela "Stayka" Pantke)
-

Recipe Reviews Your opinion:
What do you like / dislike about the recipe? Did it come out the way you expected it?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: Fri May 17 2:43:12 GMT 2024 / Post ID: #

Add Comment
In my opinion oma pantke's gruen bohnen eintopf granny pan needs more replies right away to know understanding so I can decide for myself.

> TOPIC: Oma Pantke's Gruen Bohnen Eintopf Granny Pan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,