Portugal

Portugal - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 24th Jul, 2010 - 10:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Culture & Tradition
Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2006 - 3:09am / Post ID: #

Portugal

Portugal

Have you ever considered Portugal as a destination for vacation? If you have been there or currently live there, do tell us what is available for tourists.

Sponsored Links:
3rd May, 2006 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Portugal

I would love to visit Portugal someday, most likely because I would be in Spain at the time. I've heard Lisbon can be quite beautiful in the summer. I would love to hear from others who have visited there before.

Post Date: 8th May, 2006 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

Portugal
A Friend

Portugal Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Taking the time to study Portugal led to some fascinating cultural and traditional history that goes back a long way. Once a rich and powerful country Portugal is stepped in rich musical history. From traditional to modern rock to political protest songs, Portugals people have long displayed their feelings both positive and negative through music. Outside of the country, Fado is the most well known of their cultural music.

Fado
Fado is the best-known Portuguese musical genre outside Portugal. There are two distinct fado traditions. The most widely known forms a central part of Lisbon's musical life. A separate, though related tradition, also named fado or canção de Coimbra (Coimbra song) thrives in the central city of Coimbra.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2008 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Portugal

Portugal's Beaches, Seafood Attract Visitors to Europe's West Coast

Europe's southwestern tip is a place of stark beauty, prone to sudden fogs and blustery sea breezes. Jutting into the sea, the twin headlands of Sagres and Cape St. Vincent were places of mystery and awe to ancient Romans and early Christians. For Prince Henry the Navigator, this finger of land pointing into uncharted waters was the obvious place to site the school for explorers that kicked off Europe's Age of Discoveries 500 years ago.
Ref. https://abcnews.go.com/Travel/BusinessTrave...=4278930&page=1

Post Date: 18th May, 2008 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

Portugal

For more Information about Portuguese Culture please see the Portugal Index.

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2010 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Portugal
A Friend

Portugal

As a Portuguese, I think our most attractive quality is our food.
I say this because living here since I was born, is the one thing that I feel is hardly surpassed for any other countries.
And note one thing: food is not just what you eat. Is the environment, the people around, the climate... Is the all sensation.
Believe me, friends! That's what makes worth a visit here for sure!

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message. See Constructive Posting Policy

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jul, 2010 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Portugal

Seeing that you are surrounded by Spain do you find that their culture influences the traditions of your country, if so in what way?

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2010 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Portugal
A Friend

Portugal Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

The way I see it, Portugal and Spain have some differences. Maybe because of their different size and influence.
Spain is more diverse, because it joins a few antient kingdoms, unlike Portugal, very united from centurys ago.
They had a similar history in discovering and colonizing distant lands, and a conflitual record between the two.
After that, I see Spain more self centered and proud; at the sime time, portuguese mantain that universal spirit of going away and adapt to others, and a despise for their own country.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Portugal

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,