Pregnant Mom Hit By Schoolboys, Foetus In Danger

Pregnant Mom Hit Schoolboys Foetus Danger - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 31st Jan, 2008 - 1:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd Jan, 2008 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Pregnant Mom Hit By Schoolboys, Foetus In Danger

When I was a high school teacher, I always commented to my husband how I could see in the eyes and face expression of some students that if they had the chance to hit you, they would do it just because they did not like to be told anything. This is barbarism.
Hopefully this woman will not lose her baby.

international QUOTE
A 22-year-old woman was last night in fear of losing her unborn child after being attacked by several schoolboys.

Carlene O'Brien said her four-month-old foetus was bruised by the blow. She was transferred to the Mt Hope Medical Sciences Complex in need of three pints of blood. In the attack she was hit on her waist with a stone.

Another woman was also attacked and a car's windows were smashed.

O'Brien of Piarco was taken to the Chaguanas Health Facility after she began bleeding following the incident.

She was with Irma Rodriguez, 42, who went to pick up her daughter from the Chaguanas Senior Comprehensive School.

Rodriguez's daughter was being bullied by a male classmate. On Monday she went to meet her daughter at the school to clear up the situation with the principal. She said her daughter, a Form Five pupil, made several reports to her form teacher who said she would forward the matter to the Dean of the school. Rodriguez said this was not done.

While waiting for a policeman outside the school to accompany her to see the principal, she said, her daughter pointed out the boy who also plays basketball at the school, to her. When he saw them he came up. Rodriguez said she told the boy that they would be handling the situation with school officials and the police.

She said the boy replied "leh we handle this scene now" and allegedly slapped Rodriguez.

She said her nephew who was in the back seat of the car came out and he was covered by about a dozen pupils who began kicking and cuffing him.

"I even took off my shoe and tried to hit them off my nephew, but one of the boys took it and pelt it," she said.

She said she got back into the car and tried getting away which was when a bottle was pelted...

Sponsored Links:
24th Jan, 2008 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Danger Foetus Schoolboys Hit Mom Pregnant

Well, it seems like the boy has a completely different story to tell. Who to believe? rolleyes.gif

Seventeen-year-old Augustine Christopher Ralph said yesterday he was no bully, and that he was a victim of the brawl at his school that sent a pregnant woman to hospital and left a car with shattered windows.

What's more, he said, he spent several hours in a police station cell in his school uniform.

The incident, which took place at the Chaguanas Senior Comprehensive School on Tuesday afternoon, is now being investigated by the Ministry of Education.

Ralph, who was back at school yesterday, said: "I spent whole night locked up (at the Chaguanas Police Station) in my school uniform and I didn't do anything wrong."

His parents, Len and Sherrlyn Salvary, of Enterprise, Chaguanas, said Ralph was a victim.

"It was a premeditated attack," Len Salvary said, adding that the three people who beat his son took matters into their own hands.

"They should have spoken to the school officials and tried to sort out the misunderstanding," he said.

Ralph said he had "a slight disagreement" with a female pupil who objected to him entering the classroom after classes had begun.

"Afterwards I tried to apologise but she became more upset," he said.

Ralph said he was walking out of the school grounds when a car stopped and a man called out to him.

"He grabbed me and started hitting me," he said, adding that two women who were in a red car came out joined the man in the attack.

"It was then that other school children rushed in to help me out and stones were pelted, damaging the car," Ralph said.

31st Jan, 2008 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Pregnant Mom Hit By Schoolboys, Foetus In Danger Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I read in the Express that this woman lost her baby. What a sad ending. The boy was arrested and spent a day in jail but was released and is now back in school:

THE pregnant woman who was hit on her waist by a stone, allegedly thrown by schoolboys, has lost her baby.

Carlene O'Brien, of Piarco, who was four months pregnant, received a D&C (Dilation and Curettage) procedure by doctors yesterday to remove the foetus from her womb.

Doctors told her the baby died from being hit by a blunt object.

O'Brien, 22, said she felt empty due to her loss, but was filled with questions. Her number one query was how would she now get justice.

O'Brien was hit during a fracas at the Chaguanas Senior Comprehensive School, in which a number of pupils threw stones in an effort, it was claimed, to rescue a schoolmate who was being beaten by two women and a man.

The boy, who it was said started the fracas, claimed he was the victim and was detained for a night at the Chaguanas Police Station. He was later released and is back at school.

> TOPIC: Pregnant Mom Hit By Schoolboys, Foetus In Danger

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,