Thoughts Of A Englishman Back From Trinidad

Thoughts Englishman Trinidad - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 29th Jan, 2008 - 8:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
24th Jan, 2008 - 10:18am / Post ID: #

Hello all, I am new to the board, but have been reading the Trinidad board for a while now.
I have a Trinidadian Girlfriend, and was in Trinidad over the Christmas.New Year period.

It was the first time I had been to Trinidad and Tobago [we met in England].

Driving from the airport after a very long two plane trip [dam connections!] the first thing I noticed was the amount of stray dogs, they where everywhere! I crashed out shattered and awoke Christmas Eve morning.

We went into town, where it was very busy, and while walking with my girlfriend, a lot of guys would make a attempt to talk to her.
It was quite strange really, I did not feel angry or anything I just thought "whats the point". It just left me wondering if they ever have any success in picking up girls who are already holding there boyfriends hand?!
Do they try this with everyone? I 6ft tall medium build, its not as if I am a midget who can be just shunned!

Anyway the next thing I noticed was the amount of people just "hanging around" doing nothing,
I am guessing Unemployment is a big problem in this country. Also everyone seems to stare
A LOT- Ok so I am a white English guy and that day the only whiteguy in town I saw, but throughout my trip everyone starred!

I also noticed there wasn't many old people out and about, well not even "old" I'm talking 50+, does anyone know the average life expectancy here?

During my time there we did a lot of great things, Maracas Bay, trip to Tobago [which is totally different from Trinidad I noticed] the people there seemed so slow they were going backwards!

I really loved the countries natural beauty, the beaches are amazing and the food was the best Ive had in ages. I need Chicken and ROTI NOW!

Overall my time was excellent and filled with great memories. I think the people seem a little over obsessed with race and colour and they need to slow down there driving but otherwise are friendly and laidback. It's a place I will definitely revisit, as long as the crime situation doesn't completely become ridiculous but its not a place I could see myself living, only through fear of my own safety.

Sponsored Links:
24th Jan, 2008 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad From Englishman Of Thoughts

For everything you have described there is a specific Thread about it within this Board: staring, sexual harassment, crime and so forth. Most of what you said is accurate, however most Trinidadians are blind or totally ignore their own demise because of their culture (also Discussed within Threads HERE).

24th Jan, 2008 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Thoughts Of A Englishman Back From Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Hi Englishman, welcome. I am an Argentine living in Trinidad, I can agree with all the things you mentioned about how Trinis behave. Feel free to check the Trinidad board and you will see tons of specific threads about the things you talked about. Have a great day.
LDS

24th Jan, 2008 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Thanks LDS! I have been reading around and there is alot of good information.

Can I ask you your reasons for leaving Argentina and moving to Trinidad please?

24th Jan, 2008 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

I married a Trinidadian (not the typical one though wink.gif ) How long did you stay in Trinidad?

24th Jan, 2008 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

Great, how did you meet? I was in Trinidad for 16 days from Christmas Eve and am missing it like crazy. Here it gets light at about 730 and dark at 430 its rainy and dull. I need that Trini weather and the beaches back!

Did you have any problems getting into trinidad, my friend [who has been with his Trinidadian girlfriend for 6 years] tells me he tried to live there, but the goverment are very strict with giving people citizenship there.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jan, 2008 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Thoughts Of Englishman From Trinidad

Great, how did you meet?

That's a long story that if you stick around you will see all over the boards. wink.gif

Did you have any problems getting into trinidad, my friend [who has been with his Trinidadian girlfriend for 6 years] tells me he tried to live there, but the goverment are very strict with giving people citizenship there.

I am not a citizen yet (it takes around 8 years to become a citizen), but I am a legal resident. The process is tedious but I won't say is extremely strict. As long as the marriage is legal and the immigrations officials are convinced of it, you get through normally. We are speaking about marriage here, hence your friend did not get through since you mentioned his "girlfriend".

29th Jan, 2008 - 8:36am / Post ID: #

Thoughts Of Englishman From Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Ok thanks for the information, would that mean after 8 years your become a duel citizen of Argentina and also Trinidad? Or do you simple loose your Argentine citizenship?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Thoughts Of A Englishman Back From Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,