Earth Hour

Earth Hour - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 30th Mar, 2009 - 2:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Will you be turning off your lights?
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2009 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Earth Hour

Earth Hour

Will you be turning off your lights for Earth Hour Day?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2009 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Earth Hour
A Friend

Hour Earth

I am planning to have all my house lights off for the hour if not a little bit more.

28th Mar, 2009 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Earth Hour Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I am working tonight due to this and we are shutting off our house. The boys are going swimming. I will post those resuts here for you. Last time we reduced the power usage in my city by 5 percent

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2009 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Earth Hour
A Friend

Hour Earth

Talking to people around where I live many of them have no clue about what earth hour is or what it is supposed to accomplish. I think many americans are nieve about what is going on in the world.

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2009 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Hour Earth

World prepares for big switch-off

Millions of people worldwide are being urged to switch off lights for an hour, in a major climate change protest. Ref. Source 6

28th Mar, 2009 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Earth Hour

I agree KNtoran most have no idea about the point of the hour. It is to bring awareness that we need to cut back and to show all that simple things can make a difference on the grids. It will not reflect heavily on your own billing just like the compact fluorescent lights that are being pushed. last year we made a 5% inflection.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Mar, 2009 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Earth Hour

The stats are in and verified.

Toronto placed first with 15 % Not sure what the MW drop would be.

Brampton pulled of a low 5MW which is in percentage almost nothing as the ramp well over 500 MW.

Burlington (me) a modest 8.7 % which is a reduction of 16MW or enough power to run 9 homes for two months.

I think Toronto has caring corporations that allow them to achieve such high numbers. Brampton is one of our rougher cities and could be why it does not see much of a change.

I guess the idea is for people to realize that turning things off when you leave the room can have large impact in your area.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2009 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

Earth Hour
A Friend

Earth Hour Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I was scared for a whole hour sitting in the dark. smile.gif

I think a lot of people in my area did not get the message. I did not see anyone but me with my lights out.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Earth Hour

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,