Mormon Church And Illegal Immigrants - Page 9 of 18

Large crowd protests Arizona immigration law - Page 9 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th Jul, 2010 - 7:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 18 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (18) »
Mormon Hispanics Illegal Immigrant Mormons - "Lawmakers should show more compassion" - Could your Bishop or Full-Time Missionary be illegally in the USA and still serve in the Church?
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2010 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mormon Church And Illegal Immigrants - Page 9

2 state employees compiled immigrant list, Gov. Gary Herbert says

SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert said Friday that at least two employees of the Utah Department of Workforce Services took information from its databases to help compile a list of 1,300 supposedly illegal immigrants.

"We found it came from the Department of Workforce Services. And now today, I can tell you that we've... Ref. Source 7

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2010 - 5:51am / Post ID: #

Mormon Church And Illegal Immigrants
A Friend

Immigrants Illegal Church Mormon

I am just wondering about some things here... Is it not true that Doctrine & Covenants teaches us that this country (& it's government) were brought into existence by our very own Father in Heaven? (D&C 101: 76-80) Am I not mistaken in believing that this country gained it's independence through a bloody (and very lengthy) war in order to avoid corrupt governments and human bondage? Why then would our own church believe that Mexicans, or any other ethnic group, be absolved of such a duty in their own country? If they're all so unhappy, then why not revolt against their own corrupt governments (IN THEIR OWN COUNTRIES) like our forefathers did? Do we not believe that where we were born, and who we were born to, was a matter that was left in Heavenly Father's hands, and according to His own judgement? I guess my point is: Why not stay in your own country and make improvements there--obviously you were
born there for a reason...

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2010 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Church And Illegal Immigrants Studies Doctrine Mormon

Long immigration waits show why some come illegally

The State Department reports that some categories of Mexican immigrants who are now being processed have been waiting for visas for 18 years. The long wait may explain why so many people jump the line and immigrate illegally - and also why many illegal immigrants fear deportation.

"I think almost any immigration attorney that you ask will say that the immigration system is simply broken. That's why we have people who have broken the law," says Roger Tsai, president of the Utah Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. "But we also have broken laws." Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2010 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Immigrants Illegal Church Mormon

Name: Bernard

Comments: Does a long wait give anyone the right to break the law? I don't understand how a member of the church can be given callings such as Bishop or missionary while in an ILLEGAL status. How do they answer that questions about honest in their dealings with their fellow men?

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2010 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Immigrants Illegal Church Mormon

LDS Church repeats call for 'civil discourse' on immigration

SALT LAKE CITY - With "Utah's list" and "Arizona's legislation" being the buzz words of late, the local spotlight on immigration now moves to Gov. Gary Herbert's upcoming roundtable discussion Tuesday morning. And the LDS Church - which was invited to provide one of the 30 participating roundtable representatives - has repeated its call for "careful reflection and civil discourse" regarding immigration issues. Ref. Source 5

25th Jul, 2010 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Church And Illegal Immigrants

In a talk quoted in part here: Source 2 it is allured to the Pioneers also coming across the 'border' too. Is the analogy the same to compare the Pioneers with Illegal Immigrants?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jul, 2010 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Church Illegal Immigrants - Page 9

For me, the example was given with that in mind (even though was not explicitly said). However, it's interesting to notice that when the pioneers reached, there were already several settlements of American Indians in the area who had not other choice over time but to move out.

Basically, the immigrants displacing the real Americans. It's also interesting that this was actually mentioned in that talk, too.

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2010 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Church Illegal Immigrants Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 9

Large crowd protests Arizona immigration law at Utah Capitol

SALT LAKE CITY - About 200 people rallied at the state Capitol on Thursday against Arizona-style immigration reform in Utah. The protest was scheduled to coincide with the day the controversial Arizona law took effect, although a judge blocked the law's most controversial parts. Ref. Source 5

> TOPIC: Mormon Church And Illegal Immigrants

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,