Angry Employee Deletes All Of Company's Data

Angry Employee Deletes Company' S Data - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 29th Jan, 2008 - 4:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

She thought she was going to be fired
24th Jan, 2008 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Angry Employee Deletes All Of Company's Data

Silly woman! People react in ways you wouldn't expect. I am sure she feels stupid now. rolleyes.gif

When Marie Lupe Cooley, 41, of Jacksonville, Fla., saw a help-wanted ad in the newspaper for a position that looked suspiciously like her current job - and with her boss's phone number listed - she assumed she was about to be fired.

So, police say, she went to the architectural office where she works late Sunday night and erased 7 years' worth of drawings and blueprints, estimated to be worth $2.5 million.

"She decided to mess up everything for everybody," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office spokesman Ken Jefferson told reporters. "She just sabotaged the entire business, thinking she was going to get axed."

It didn't take Steven Hutchins, owner of the architectural firm that bears his name, much time to figure out who'd done it - Cooley was the only other person who had full access to the files.

Police arrested Cooley Monday evening and charged her with causing greater than $1,000 damage to computer files, a felony. She was bailed out the following afternoon...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
24th Jan, 2008 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

Data Companys Of Deletes Employee Angry

Who feels stupid now? There must be something more to it that gave her the inclanation that she might be fired. Maybe she used to argue with her boss before or did not like working there. Either way how stupid can you be?

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

25th Jan, 2008 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

Angry Employee Deletes All Of Company's Data History & Civil Business Politics

A classic case of jumping to conclusions. Rather than ask her boss what was going on, she flips out and causes serious damage for no good reason. Guess she WILL be fired now, eh? And be prosecuted for her stupidity. It's not even funny, it's so bad.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

25th Jan, 2008 - 9:07am / Post ID: #

Oh it gets even better! She definitely has been fired according to the story and the best part is she is famous or rather infamous at the present time in her hometown and nearby metroarea. This should make finding another job a bit more difficult for her than the average person... Oh, and if she bothers to read the newpaper again in the near future, there will probably be another job for hire that looks a lot like her old job. Only this time it actually will be her job! Anger management might be a wise investment...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

29th Jan, 2008 - 4:42am / Post ID: #

I am a little puzzled. Why did Stephen Hutchins place his own telephone number under the advertisement? If a help wanted advertisement is placed in the newspapers, don't employers usually use a Private bag or a PO Box address, inviting all applicants to send their applications to a particular address? Somehow, I do not believe that Mr Hutchins is being truthful. I am not convinced that the advertisement was for a position in his wife's company. I am under the distinct impression that perhaps Mr Hutchins wanted to get rid of Ms Cooley and deliberately had the advertisement placed in the newspapers, to provoke Ms Cooley, so he would have grounds to fire her. Just my opinion. But I agree with all the posts here; Ms Cooley (ironic that she does not seem to live up to her name) reacted too hasty and caused irreversible damage to her career. Now she would never be able to find a job anywhere, unless she changes her name and alters her appearance.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

> TOPIC: Angry Employee Deletes All Of Company's Data

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,