LDS Food Storage - Mormon Survival Food

Lds Food Storage Mormon Survival Food - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Aug, 2010 - 1:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
LDS Food Storage Keeping it for 30 years or more! This Thread is specific to how Mormons should do it as opposed to the Thread available in the Survival Board.
25th Jan, 2008 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

LDS Food Storage

In doing a Search I realized we did not have a direct Discussion on how Members of the Church should go about having their Food Storage setup or the facilities available to them (At least in the US). The beginnings and ongoing build up of an LDS family's food storage can be a great family activity. More info can also be found at: Source 8

international QUOTE (Church News)
Home food storage lasts 30 years or more

Food best if stored in low air, humidity, light, temperature

LONGER-TERM SUPPLY: For longer-term needs, and where permitted, gradually build a supply of food that will last a long time.

FINANCIAL RESERVE: Establish a financial reserve by saving a little money each week.

DRINKING WATER: Store drinking water for circumstances in which the water supply might be polluted or disrupted.

THREE-MONTH SUPPLY: Build a small supply of food that is part of a normal, daily diet.

See: Here
(Note: May require paid subscription to view)

LDS Food Storage - Mormon Survival Food (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jun, 2008 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Food Survival Mormon Storage Food LDS

MORMON COUPLE WELL SUPPLIED FOR CRISIS
See https://www.azstarnet.com/metro/242315

MESA, Arizona - Come what may, Donna and Aaron Bradshaw expect their spacious food pantry and emergency plan will carry them through. Shelves and shelves of home-canned vegetables and meats, dried grains an electric generator, and stored water promise reasonable sustainability for the Mormon family in Gilbert in a world where food riots, starvation, and disaster-related food shortages are becoming a kind of norm.

25th Sep, 2008 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

LDS Food Storage - Mormon Survival Food Studies Doctrine Mormon

Recently I have been pondering and praying a lot about this subject. In our food storage we usually have big bags of flour and rice, we also store water in big containers. I feel the need right now to organize this better. My goal is a year supply and build it slowly. I want to focus in the following items:

1. Rice

2. Dry beans

3. Water

4. Oil

5. Powdered milk

And many other items but my first goal is rice and dry beans. I checked the Church web site and they recommended some special bottles to avoid insects getting into the beans (PETE bottles). Any suggestions for a replacement? I don't think we have those bottles in Trinidad. I am looking for an economic way to store big amounts of rice and dry beans without little insects interfering.

Thanks.

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2008 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

You can get food grade buckets. You can purchase them or call local restaurants up. Many times they will discard these buckets. You may be able to get them for free, or purchase them for very cheap ( I don't know much about T&t) I don't think that bugs will get into them very easily, but I am not a food storage expert. I am sure the bugs can get bad down there.

Have you thought of wheat? You can practically live on wheat germ. Wheat is wondrous.

A water purification system is nice to. I need to get one myself.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 26th Sep, 2008 - 1:57am

27th Dec, 2008 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

This member of the Church in Utah takes things very seriously. He has a food storage for 6 years! He was out of work several times during the years and he was able to feed his family through this wonderful storage.

AMERICAN FORK, Utah -- The long, narrow room in Kenneth Moravec's basement looks like a food bank.

Floor-to-ceiling shelves are lined with canned fruits and vegetables, dried or powdered herbs, spices and drinks, along with drums of rice, pasta, wheat and other grains. Each is labeled with its contents and the date of purchase or when it was home-canned, usually right out of Moravec's garden.

"Right now I have about a six-year supply of food," said Moravec, whose e-mail tag line reads, "If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail."

Moravec has taken to heart a decades-old directive from leaders of his Mormon faith that members should prepare for hard times or natural disasters by stockpiling up to a year's worth of food. A church Web site, providentliving.org, provides a guide for members.

Moravec's own preparedness philosophy has been cultivated through church teachings and hard personal experiences, including job losses and natural disasters. As a child, he said his family weathered an East Coast hurricane and then temporarily lived off their cache of stored food. And in 1989, Moravec said, he was stranded for three days on a section of the Oakland, Calif., Bay Bridge after a 7.0 earthquake. He ate from a 72-hour emergency kit stashed inside his pickup truck.

"I've been in and out of work a lot in my life, but I've always been able to feed my family because of food storage," he said...

3rd May, 2009 - 5:14am / Post ID: #

This brings up a question I would have, has any nutrition expert reviewed, and made any comments, on what to grow in your garden, store in your home, and how long to store it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jun, 2010 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

LDS Food Storage Mormon Survival Food

Name: 2012

Comments: Last FHE we decided to prepare as though 2012 would bring about a natural disaster in the world so bad that there would be nothing to survive off of except for our food storage. So we're collecting food items weekly and emergency things monthly in preparation for that date.

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2010 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

LDS Food Storage Mormon Survival Food Mormon Doctrine Studies

Ignoring the Obvious:

The Floods and Fires, the Droughts and Disasters Will Continue: I've just returned from Niger. There, tens of thousands of people are facing extreme hunger because of the droughts of the last two years. Ref. Source 1

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: LDS Food Storage - Mormon Survival Food

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,