Jesus Talk Monson - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Jul, 2011 - 12:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Benjamin Tucker Staples
Post Date: 9th Jul, 2011 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Jesus Wants To Talk With Monson

Benjamin Tucker Staples

Salt Lake police officers were called to the LDS Church Office Building, 50 E. North Temple, on July 5 after receiving a report of a trespasser. Officers were told Staples had been to the building about five times since June 25 asking to speak with President Thomas S. Monson. Ref. Source 1

Sponsored Links:
9th Jul, 2011 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Monson Talk Wants Jesus

I'm a bit upset about this story. First of all, this man obviously has some mental issues. However, couldn't President Monson (who has personal security) meet the guy for like 5 minutes to see what is that he wants? Why is he accused of stalking if all he is doing is going to the building and request talking to him? I'm sorry folks but the reaction towards this poor man is far from Christ-like. Jesus met all kind of people and I'm quite upset about it.

11th Jul, 2011 - 9:26pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Wants To Talk With Monson Studies Doctrine Mormon

Easy to say Liahona, but I think the fact of the matter is if he grants audience with one mentally derrainged person, he will be immediately innundated with such requests.

Obviously I don't know for sure, but based on experience with mentally I'll people, I'll bet they already know what this guy wants to see him about and the question is already answered or the advice is already given or the means to achieve is already designated. Or it could be too crazy to respond to.

12th Jul, 2011 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Monson Talk Wants Jesus

international QUOTE
Easy to say Liahona, but I think the fact of the matter is if he grants audience with one mentally derrainged person, he will be immediately innundated with such requests.

So talking to people who have some sort of disability seems to be the problem? Too many of them huh? It reminds me about the criticism Jesus received for hanging out with those who were different. He didn't seem to complain the fact there were too many of them so my point is if President Monson has time to meet up with "big guys" in government, presidents and other people "of the world" then why can't he give 5 minutes of his time to this guy or any other for that matter?

The second part of your post, I'm sorry but it's just full of assumptions of your part.

12th Jul, 2011 - 5:30am / Post ID: #

Monson Talk Wants Jesus

Well it's pretty hard to have any sympathy for your argument as it relies on as many or more assumptions than mine. You really don't know who Monson meets or how many nor do you know anything about what this man wants or needs.

Reconcile Edited: bcspace on 12th Jul, 2011 - 5:40am

12th Jul, 2011 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Wants To Talk With Monson

I don't feel this is an isolated inncident but rather a common occurrence, its just that Mr. Staples was more persistent than others. Hopefully this can lead to him getting some therapy and not just incarceration.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jul, 2011 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Wants Talk Monson

Bcspace:

international QUOTE
You really don't know who Monson meets or how many

I know you're talking to Liahona but I wanted to say that there is something called newspapers and media so the visits with Monson and who he meets with are usually recorded for anyone to see.

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2011 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Wants Talk Monson Mormon Doctrine Studies

Name: Wheat

Comments: Liahona, I understand your reaction to this story but there are some things that we need to take into consideration. 1st that the media almost always blows a story out of proportion, I have had some personal experience with this and you can never get an under-inflated story. Put that aside however and you still have other issues. 2nd there are numerous ways that you can talk with the Prophet, I have personally written a letter on more than one occasion and in each instance they were answered, so why did it have to be a face to face meeting? 3rd there are 14million members worldwide, if every one of them wanted a face to face meeting then President Monson, or any other general authority, would never be able to leave his office. There are channels and systems in place to answer questions that we have and I am not sure if it was even being considered by this man, but that is the real kicker isn't it? we don't know what this man was thinking and what his intentions were, and we don't know why President Monson didn't accept his requests. It ultimately boils down to how strong is your faith that President Monson is Gods prophet and do you trust his decisions? My answer is absolutely!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Jesus Wants To Talk With Monson

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,