40 Year Olds Depression Risk

40 Year Olds Depression Risk - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 21st Sep, 2015 - 6:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2008 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Depression risk 'highest in 40s'

Life may begin at 40, but research suggests that 44 is the age at which we are most vulnerable to depression.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7213387.stm

Sponsored Links:
12th Apr, 2013 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Risk Depression Olds Year

I'm younger than that but for the last 12 years I've been dealing with bouts of depression. I have three autistic children, age has nothing to do with it, reality does. I often have to 'program' myself to look on the good side of things and muster hope to keep me going but really I'm just in survival mode.

31st May, 2015 - 5:15am / Post ID: #

40 Year Olds Depression Risk Health & Special Psychology

If 40 is the age to become depressed, it would easier for someone who has already been there, to lapse back there. In the midst of that now. I turned 40 this year. Just smile people...just smile...

31st May, 2015 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

These studies have too few variables covered to be accurate. There are so many factors that affect a person's outlook on life. I've read studies that puts the age at 38 and others at 50.

1st Jun, 2015 - 8:31am / Post ID: #

I actually think it depends on the person. It could be such an arbitrary age. Depression hits people at different ages. I guess they're picking on over 40, because its a "Mid-life crisis" Age and depression can stem from this. If a person has depression in their youth, it is much riskier for them to repeat depression later on.

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2015 - 6:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I agree with Raving, there are so many variables that are not covered in most studies.

However, I do know for me personally that employment, finances, and the state of the world effect my depression and mode swings. On top of those items, I have self diagnosed my self with Adult ADD/ADHD which compounds my depression and frequency of depressions.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: 40 Year Olds Depression Risk

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,