Texting & Flying

Texting Flying - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 14th Nov, 2012 - 10:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2012 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Texting & Flying

Texting pilot forgets to lower gear

Confused Jetstar pilots forgot to lower the wheels and had to abort a landing in Singapore just 150 metres above the ground, after the captain became distracted by his mobile phone, an investigation has found. Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
21st Apr, 2012 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Flying and Texting

Oh my goodness! That pilot probably either lost his job or was severely reprimanded because the consequences were so grave. Wasn't the co-pilot monitoring him?

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2012 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Texting & Flying
A Friend

Texting & Flying Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

My gosh! When I read this topic I thought it was about passengers texting on a plane. Pilots are payed so much money to fly, and like FairMaiden said, such gross conduct should be reprimanded.

9th Sep, 2012 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

Flying and Texting

Isn't there other people in the cabin with him, co-pilot and possibly a navigator who could ensure these things... Maybe they were busy texting too, totally irresponsible.

14th Nov, 2012 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

Flying and Texting

That's why I don't like people using mobile phones especially while driving, using the phone can be distracting and it can cause you trouble.

The co-pilot should have checked on the pilot to make sure he/she is not distracted too much though.

> TOPIC: Texting & Flying

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,