Net Neutrality - Page 3 of 6

So, what goes in the high speed access and - Page 3 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 7th Dec, 2017 - 1:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
6th Dec, 2017 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Net Neutrality - Page 3

I am monitoring this. While I think certain things can be blocked where do you draw the line especially when politics and political correctness come into play. If ISPs do become nasty towards free surfing then people will simply find other means to get what they need online.

Sponsored Links:
6th Dec, 2017 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Neutrality Net

Why does everything have to be regulated in America including which website I visit? This getting way out of hand! I hope enough people kick up a fuss about this so it doesn't remain.

6th Dec, 2017 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Net Neutrality Gaming Video & Issues Computer

It is sad to see this step behind, imagining a website can have a better transfer rate than the other just for whatever reason it is.

Web neutrality is not about legalizing what is wrong, but to treat equally everything that's out there. If something is alledgally wrong (Or illegal) it is always open to be reported and taken out of the web.

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Net Neutrality
A Friend

Page 3 Neutrality Net

Yes, this whole idea of rescinding the Net Neutrality stance in the USA is dangerous. Not so much for the political aspect, but the more funded a org is, the more priority they could buy, driving other, independent sites offline or crippling them. Unfair competition, in fact. They are not talking about blocking, just throttling to extremes, which could also be taken as far as a DDOS attack equivalent. So Coke puts in $100M for net dominance to all the primary ISPs, and Pepsi sites cannot be accessed, as an example.

6th Dec, 2017 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

Neutrality Net

I do not see them as penalizing site owners, how many sites can you block there are billions out there! I see this as blocking the users, which is easier. Maybe not even blocking just slowing down. Go back to dial up speeds or fast internet you choose. There needs to be more competition and new sales pitch will be, "We don't block your internet surfing".

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Net Neutrality
A Friend

Net Neutrality

You don't block specific sites, you have a list of sites approved for high speed access, and everything else goes in the very slow lane.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Dec, 2017 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

Net Neutrality - Page 3

Similar to what Geek is saying, I believe sites that will be affected are those that take the most bandwidth: movies, downloads, game servers and so forth. A site like here and other regular pages will not have a noticeable difference. I am saying this because if you load a typical page on this site which might have about a 100-250kb per page load while on a network using just 1mb then the speed at which you will see it will make no difference. Considering most modern ISPs run at way above this there will be very little latency.

7th Dec, 2017 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Net Neutrality Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 3

So, what goes in the high speed access and what goes in the very slow lane? Is there a site that is more important than the other? Who defines this?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Net Neutrality

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,