Net Neutrality - Page 2 of 6

I think that a ISP should prevent a person - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 28th Apr, 2017 - 4:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

Net Neutrality
A Friend

Net Neutrality - Page 2

If the FCC is now wanting to repeal net neutrality that will mean more costs for everyone who wants to be on the internet. This is not a good move to keep internet access affordable or free for many.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Net Neutrality
A Friend

Neutrality Net

So, I have read through this and I've read about net neutrality and I have to admit that I just don't understand it. To me, net neutrality doesn't sound very neutral. Is there a simple explanation I can find somewhere? Perhaps someone knows of a net neutrality for dummies site?

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Net Neutrality
A Friend

Net Neutrality Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Core concept is that all information on the internet should be treated the same way by ISPs. Much like the principles of freedom of speech or press, it has both positives and negatives.

As a downside, it keeps ISPs from cracking down on, for instance, sites that host viruses. But it also ensures that corporations and governments cannot determine what information is spread among internet users.

Given that the internet hosts the closest thing we have left to good sources of news, I consider that an absolutely vital principle to protect.

28th Apr, 2017 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Neutrality Net

I think the net can be kept neutral and still enforce malicious intent once its proven. There just needs to be balance.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Net Neutrality
A Friend

Neutrality Net

Okay, that is an excellent explanation. Easy to understand… which us old dogs need. And I think Coder has a point. Much like freedom of speech doesn't provide the right to go into a packed movie theater and yell fire, I guess net neutrality doesn't give the right to introduce malicious code.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Net Neutrality
A Friend

Net Neutrality

Yes there needs to be balance to everything. I want the internet to be available to all and have those that seek to cause lawness in it to be stopped. Freedom of information and not have that censored is good in my book.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

Net Neutrality
A Friend

Net Neutrality - Page 2

Oh, they can go after people who break the law and spread malicious code. Well, at least as much as international laws and jurisdiction allow.

What we're talking about is whether or not an internet service provider can prevent a user from accessing certain content.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

Net Neutrality
A Friend

Net Neutrality Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

I think that a ISP should prevent a person from accessing certain content. The information that is out there can be good or bad but it is the person who is wanting the information that can take the information whether good or bad and turn it into something worse. That is not a fault of the information that is the fault of the person. Just like any tool can be dangerous in the wrong hands so can information but that is not a good reason to keep information under wraps.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Net Neutrality

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,