B W I A / Bwia / British West Indian Airlines

B / Bwia / British West Indian Airlines - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 23rd Jul, 2009 - 1:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Airline Reviewed
17th May, 2005 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

B W I A / BWIA / British West Indian Airlines

The biggest draw back of this airline is time, you are almost guaranteed to be late, sometimes by a whole day! They excuse this by saying that they wish to ensure safety of their passengers (they do have the record of being the safest airline in the world), and that is good, but they do not have the flight routes of larger carriers and so should be doing a better job of checking things out long before travel or having a standby plane ready in case of sudden quirks. They are good in service though and tend to be understanding of overweight, etc. They always give good food and service with a smile, but consistency in travel is important so if you are a timely person you may wish to choose some other carrier.

My Review: Standard to Good

Sponsored Links:
17th May, 2005 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Airlines Indian West British Bwia I B

When I lived in Trinidad, I flew BWIA a few times when island hopping. I always enjoyed my experience with this airline; but I was also very young, so I may not have know any better. Based on the fact that I was never late on one of their flights, and I always enjoyed the food, I would have to rate them as Good.

18th May, 2005 - 10:42am / Post ID: #

B W I A / Bwia / British West Indian Airlines Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

One of the funniest trips I have had on BWIA was based on a flight from Trinidad to Guyana where one guy was playing chess kneeling on his seat turned around and facing the other who was behind him just as the plane was about to land. On this same flight many of the passengers were making (pe'con (sp?)) funny sarcastic remarks and everyone was laughing as though it was one of those stand up comedy shows. Then when the plane landed they all clapped as though a great movie had just ended. Ah yes, only in the Caribbean *shaking head*.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2005 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Govt should close Bwee

A GROUP of frustrated passengers have said Government should close down BWIA as the airline is inefficient and unaccommodating.
Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar.ews?id=92724245

3rd Aug, 2005 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

I do not know why they said that they [won] one since they should not have fallen from category one status in the first place.

BWIA wins one
FAA upgrades T&T to top spot

TRINIDAD AND Tobago has been reinstated to Category One status.
Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ews?id=93625414

Post Date: 29th Dec, 2006 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

BWIA Now Caribbean Airlines

BWIA will be no more and will take on a new name and face known as "Caribbean Airlines" as of January 2007.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2009 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

B I / Bwia / British West Indian Airlines

BWIA shareholders reject 20-cents offer

A group of minority shareholders of defunct national airline BWIA yesterday rejected Government's offer to pay them for their stock. Ref. Source 2

> TOPIC: B W I A / Bwia / British West Indian Airlines

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,