Trinidad Security Cameras

Trinidad Security Cameras - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 13th Jul, 2012 - 6:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

In Port of Spain and elsewhere
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2008 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

Security Cameras

Do you feel that the Security Cameras set up on the streets of Port of Spain and elsewhere really help to deter crime?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2008 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Cameras Security Trinidad

Being that this is my life I believe that they can deter some crime but they will not stop all crime. Security cameras are very good at recording a crime and being able to spot and identify the people responsible for the crime. A secuity camera is the best witness as it will not put its own spin on the crime. People have a tendency to report the crime from thier own vantage point and add thier own theory at times. Due the many people not being able to remember major details makes crimes hard to solve. A security camera will record all and tell all it sees.

I think having cameras placed around various parts of cities is a reality we all are slowly dealing with. There is just going to be more and more cameras going up all over. Just like police do not deter crime I doubt the cameras will ever be able to deter all crime.

18th Feb, 2008 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Security Cameras Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Yes I do believe that the security cameras installed in Port of Spain and other areas will assist in deterring crime. But after reading the Sunday Express (17 February 2008,) I have to add that, it would be even more effective if the cameras were actually functioning and not there solely for display! laugh.gif

People are reluctant to report crimes to the police because they fear reprisal. Therefore, the security camera is a useful tool for the police, since it provides a clear footage of what is taking place in some areas. With the help of the security cameras, the police may become more proactive by organizing more police patrols, in crime ridden areas. Updates should be provided to the media on a regular basis, indicating the success rate of apprehending criminals because of the cameras. This information may have a positive impact on deterring crime because criminals will be forced to notice, how quickly the police are arresting them, due to the presence of the security cameras.

2nd Jul, 2012 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

Jack Warner is saying he wants more cameras in Port of Spain and he is angry that some of the current ones don't work. I'm all for this!

13th Jul, 2012 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

I am for this if it can go to court. Remember when they arrested the men who were stealing people's money from their cars as seen on the CCTV footage? Look what happened to them, they got off.

> TOPIC: Trinidad Security Cameras

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,