Miss Trinidad And Tobago 2008 - Page 5 of 7

Congratulations to Gabrielle who was chosen - Page 5 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 14th Dec, 2008 - 8:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Miss Trinidad And Tobago 2008
For Discussion on the actual competiton See HERE
15th Nov, 2008 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Miss Trinidad And Tobago 2008 - Page 5

Gabrielle is in South Africa already and Peter Elias is desperately looking for a sponsor since they are like 300,000 dollars short because as usual one of the government Ministers did not keep her/his promise. He was furious and mentioned that was the main reason, a couple of years ago Trinidad and Tobago did not send any representative to Miss Universe, he is literally sick of empty promises, but to be honest with you guys I find in my deals with Trinis, they always say they will do "X" and then nothing happens! Just words but no action.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Nov, 2008 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tobago Trinidad Miss

They get such a nice girl and now they don't want to pay for she? I wonder is because she not black?

5th Dec, 2008 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Miss Trinidad And Tobago 2008 Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I did not keep up with this, I guess Gabrielle did not place anywhere as there was no mention in the news?

5th Dec, 2008 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Tobago Trinidad Miss

It did not take place yet JB. It will be on December 13th, 2008. Peter Elias is so angry at the lack of financial support and lack of word from the local government that he stated he will no longer be sending any representative from Trinidad to any of those pageants after he was forced to take two personal loans to cover Gabrielle's expenses.

5th Dec, 2008 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Tobago Trinidad Miss

I will have to mark that date. As for Peter, it's ashamed, I guess the PNM only supports "their own". I would not send anyone on such a program until I first got the funds though. For his sake I hope she wins (or places at least), so he can get back his dinero.

8th Dec, 2008 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

I am very surprised to hear how upset Peter Elias is towards the government not living up to their word. He has been in the business long enough to know that he should always wait on the funds before doing anything. I thought at one time he even decided to quit being involved in the pageant. But I guess he realises that it is an excellent way to market his business. But it is a great pity that this pageant is going to cost him a lot. I hope his work gets the recognition it deserves. As for the government not honouring their word, is anyone really surprised at this?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Dec, 2008 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Miss Trinidad Tobago 2008 - Page 5

He probably got a lot of people encouraging him to do it. Actually I think when he did want to quit it was the PNM that told him not to stop and that they would help finance it if he continues.

14th Dec, 2008 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Miss Trinidad Tobago 2008 Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 5

Congratulations to Gabrielle who was chosen as the second runner up in the Miss World Competition!

Miss Trinidad and Tobago Gabrielle Walcott yesterday emerged second runner-up at the 2008 Miss World Beauty Pageant.

Walcott came in behind Miss India, Parvathay Omanakuttan, the first runner-up, and Miss Russia, Kseniya Sukhinova, who won the Miss World crown in Johannesburg, South Africa, in a glittering African-themed pageant where she outshone 108 other international beauties and pledged to "help people". Walcott made it into the final five, beating out beauties from 109 countries and having to best it out with Miss India, Miss Russia, Miss Angola and Miss South Africa.

In a telephone interview yesterday, queen-maker Peter Elias expressed his joy over the results, which he described as a blessing.

"I just feel such pride to see all the hard work that we all did as a team and to have this as the outcome.

"I feel blessed that we have had this blessing from God. It is important that we recognise that it is a blessing, because not everyone wins," he said.

Elias said Walcott's dress, which was designed by local designer Bobby Ackbarali who is based in Canada, was nominated for the pageant's best dress award which Miss USA won.

"But she did win the best Beauty with a Purpose award for her work with the Just Because Foundation," he said of Walcott.

He said this was a big deal for Trinidad and Tobago because the charity work was showcased on international television during the pageant, which was viewed by millions of people around the world.

This, he said, is what Walcott wanted to do -make her country proud.

"I have spoken with her and right now she is at the coronation ball. All Gaby wanted was to make her country proud and she has," he said.

Noting that this was his last pageant, Elias also said:

"This pageant is the end of the road for me. It was my final pageant but I am hopeful that from this result everyone in this country will feel that they have the potential to be great."

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Miss Trinidad And Tobago 2008

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,